Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  Creating Image Error 99 stops working after copying 30%

Posted Dec 21, 2009 12:31 PM
    I am using Altiris to copy an image from a Panasonic CF-52 laptop.  I have loaded the laptop with all the software it needs.  I install the Altiris Client to the laptop and confirm that it does communicate to the server.  I create a new job to create an image from this laptop and choose for it to start creating immediately.  The laptop restarts and goes through the creating image process.  Each time, which was attempted 4 times, it starts off fine with no problems but right at it ticks to 30% the job fails and the machine reboots.   From the Altiris Server I get an Error 99.  I have not been able to find much information about this error or what could be causing this.  

I have created an image from two other machines, Dells, and they have worked flawlessly with no issues.  Has anyone seen this error before and if so how did you resolve this issue?  Thank you for your time and help with this.  

• 2.  RE: Creating Image Error 99 stops working after copying 30%

Posted Dec 21, 2009 01:42 PM
    Error 99 is related to a disk seek error.  This could mean the data on that particular sector is corrupt or the drive itself is faulty.

This link is the majority of the error codes you will find in Altiris.

http://www.symantec.com/connect/sites/default/files/altiris%20error%20codes.pdf

• 3.  RE: Creating Image Error 99 stops working after copying 30%

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Dec 21, 2009 02:24 PM
     There is the also the potential for this to be corruption due to folder excludes. If you edit your images in ImageExplorer this might be the reason. Try deploying an image without excludes if this is the case and see what happens....

• 4.  RE: Creating Image Error 99 stops working after copying 30%

Posted Dec 21, 2009 03:07 PM
    Ian,

I thought that as well, but noticed he was trying to pull an image, so that is why I leaned towards HDD corruption or physical failure.  I totally get where you were coming from though.

• 5.  RE: Creating Image Error 99 stops working after copying 30%

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Dec 21, 2009 03:28 PM
    Absolutely spot on as usual bhawver -I didn't read cyier's post properly. Those 99 errors plagued me for a long time -I guess it shows!!

• 6.  RE: Creating Image Error 99 stops working after copying 30%

Posted Jan 05, 2010 03:34 PM
    I search for the root of this error for months last year, and Ian is correct. Once I stopped exluding folders in my image, all was well.