Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)

View Only
  • 1.  Issue to update appliance

Posted Apr 11, 2020 12:00 AM
    Hi,
    Current version is Version: 4.2.1-8. Each time trying to download update it is failing. Are other users facing the same issue?

• 2.  RE: Issue to update appliance

Posted Jul 22, 2020 02:07 PM
    Hello.

I'm facing the same problem. Did you resolve this issue maybe?

------------------------------
    SMG-SEP-EDR

• 3.  RE: Issue to update appliance

Posted Nov 09, 2020 05:05 AM
    Do you have 4.2.1-8 set up. We are planning to upgrade into 4.4 and 4.2.1-8 setup is not available on support portal.

• 4.  RE: Issue to update appliance

Posted Mar 31, 2021 06:40 AM
    I'm still facing the same problem but now with EDR 4.5.

"Download of the next software update for your appliance failed. Run ''update status' and 'status_check' from the command line for details."

status_check command return info that EDR could not access breach detection server and EDR cloud server.
    update download command return errors about downloading some packages.

I attached screenshots with errors.

Does anyone else have these problems and does Broadcom aware of this problem?

SMG-SEP-EDR

• 5.  RE: Issue to update appliance

Posted Apr 05, 2021 05:42 PM
    Hello,
    I had the exact same problem and this was the answer from the technical support team.

"Thank you for the screenshots. Neither of those URLs are related to software updates. Both of those are expected to show an error on that version of the SEDR software since one no longer exists and the other has changed its response to the appliance queries.
    The error 14 is a curl error regarding the download being disconnected before the file was downloaded. This is not related to a firewall, unless you have some kind of rate limiting in place. At this time you will need to continue to run 'update download' until the appliance can fully download all the files it needs."

And now it is working fine.
    I hope to be helpful