Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Deploying Image composing boot CD

Posted Mar 27, 2008 09:23 AM
    Hello,
    I have created my master image and restored on a traget computer.....now I need to change the SID    but I am not sure how to get Ghost Walker to run   
    I have put ghwalk32.exe on my USB memory key and when I run on this newly cloned pc I get an error stating it cannot lock the hard drive.

Is it ok to be running this right  on the new pc in windows xp ?  I looks like they have a dos version  ghstwalk.exe,   and this windows version ghwalk32.exe       so I am trying to run the ghwalk32   

can a boot cd be created that would have that dos version right  on it so when the image restoration is complete I could then just run the ghost walker from  that commanf prompt ?

• 2.  RE: Deploying Image composing boot CD

Posted Mar 27, 2008 11:50 AM
    You can have the ghost walker on the same bootable cd and have it run after the restoration.  A better solution for your reimaging of machines on the network would be sysprep.  The sysprepped image would just boot up on the machine where you can go through a mini setup to name and join the machine to the domain and takes care of the SID.  Are you familiar with this?

-Will

• 3.  RE: Deploying Image composing boot CD

Posted Mar 27, 2008 12:34 PM
    THANKS for replying,

I got ahold of one of thier support technicians  and they gave me a couple options    as per their advise I ahve created a bootable thumbdrive and I was successfull runing the ghost walker and then changed the SID

thanks