Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Driver Intel

Posted May 04, 2011 10:28 AM

I'm having trouble with the Intel 82579 network adapter. Console the following message appears:
    Details for: To Virtual Partition
    Drivers Could Not Be found in the PreOS devices for the Following:

Manufacturer: "@ oem1.inf,% intel% Intel", Description: "@ oem1.inf, e1502nc.devicesc%%; Intel (R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection ", PCI Vendor: 0c8086, PCI Device: 0x1502, PCI Subsystem : 0x47e1028.

Why does this happen?

• 2.  RE: Driver Intel

Posted May 04, 2011 01:38 PM

This happens because a driver cannot be found for the 82579LM NIC chip.  Are you supplying a VISTA 32 bit driver for the WinPE build?  Try searching this forum for other postings containing 82579 as many driver threads have links to known good download locations.

• 3.  RE: Driver Intel

Posted May 09, 2011 08:56 AM

Get the vista drivers either from Comp manufacturer or from intel ,

follow the link below to get drivers from intel

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18718&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%20Vista%20Business%2C%2032-bit%20version*&DownloadType=Drivers%20

Use the document mentioned below to add drivers to WINPE

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH110136

If you have added the drivers , check the client machine's properties under console.Make sure that virtual preos is set to the right template which has the drivers under "Client" tab

If you are using PCDOS get the DOS drivers.

If the machine is Dell or HP , get the drivers from their website.

• 4.  RE: Driver Intel

Posted May 25, 2011 02:41 PM

remember, like Dpak said, you need the Vista 32bit drivers.  I just received some machines with this chipset in it, and needed to install the drivers.  You can get them from Intel (listed above).  Mine also came with an updated controller chipset, which had PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C02

Just chiming in so if that happens after you add the Network driver, you know what the next one is.