ServiceDesk

View Only
  • 1.  adding closed incidents to problem incident

Posted Jan 14, 2015 03:05 PM

If a problem has already been after a few incidents have been closed that are related, how do I add the closed tickets to the problem?  We've discovered an issue that some past tickets were related and want to make sure they are addressed correctly.

• 2.  RE: adding closed incidents to problem incident
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 14, 2015 03:42 PM

in the Problem Management project, there's a filter component called "Filter Out Closed & Resolved Incidents" that is removing any closed incidents from the search when you click to "Add Incident" and then "Search For" an incident.  I can't recall if that project is locked out or not.  If it is locked out, you may be out of luck (in a supportable sense).  If not, you can just route around or otherwise disable that filter so that search results include closed tickets.

I've never actually done what you're asking, so I'm not sure if there are any reference ties that may be broken or won't work because the incidents are closed.

• 3.  RE: adding closed incidents to problem incident

Posted Jan 14, 2015 04:08 PM

I beleive the Problem Management project was still user editable with the 7.5 SP1 release. However that is the last release the project will be user editable.

• 4.  RE: adding closed incidents to problem incident

Posted Jan 14, 2015 04:14 PM

Does that mean that edits to the PM project in the 7.5 SP1 release won't directly upgrade to the next version in which the project is locked?

• 5.  RE: adding closed incidents to problem incident

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 14, 2015 04:24 PM

This won't prevent you from upgrading to next version of ServiceDesk. It simply means that when you upgrade your existing Problem Management module will be over written with the version included in the upgrade. You also won't be able to modify the project after that.

However I also believe the ability to add closed incidents to a Problem ticket is being addressed in the next release.

• 6.  RE: adding closed incidents to problem incident

Posted Jan 14, 2015 04:27 PM

Right - I meant that the edits made won't persist through an upgrade.  So I suppose it should be noted then, that any edits made to this process will need to be re-evaluated at upgrade time.