Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  No resolution on DLP support Tickets

Posted Mar 31, 2020 02:05 PM
    Hi Team,

I have opened couple of DLP support tickets and there has been no resolution from the support team even after multiple followups over the email. Is anybody else also facing the same challenges?

• 2.  RE: No resolution on DLP support Tickets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 01, 2020 10:18 AM
    Can you provide case numbers? And, be aware that technical support doesn't assist with configurations, deployments, or how to us DLP, it assist with broken DLP components.

Thanks, and I will review your cases and make sure you are being helped.
    AC

• 3.  RE: No resolution on DLP support Tickets

Posted Apr 22, 2020 04:06 PM
    Get used to it.

• 4.  RE: No resolution on DLP support Tickets

Posted Apr 22, 2020 04:08 PM

Yes the support has been terrible

• 5.  RE: No resolution on DLP support Tickets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 23, 2020 09:55 AM
    Thanks for you response on providing a case number so I can look at your inquiries. I will make a suggestion on how you can get expedite service from our tech department, when you open a case, provide all relevant information/evidence so tech support can analyze it. For instance, the case you motioned, doesn't have a single piece of evidence, and neither a well explanation of what is it; "Policy is not working as expected" is not enough to guess which DLP component is not performing as expected. I couldn't figure out what was the issue you were having from all the case information, so please be conscious about this and next tiem you open a case, I am pretty sure technical support will be helping you with troubleshooting DLP.
    Things to be aware about technical support:
    Technical support will assist with broken DLP components.
    Technical support doesn't assist with policy authoring, configuration tuning, deployment, or upgrades/installation planning.

You can read Broadcom customer support policy here https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?legacyId=TECH236428#policy
    And if you need assistance authoring policies or configurations, Broadcom professional services will be the right department to talk to:

https://www.broadcom.com/support/symantec/services/consulting

When a case is related to a policy not working as expected, my suggestion is to provide the following information:
    Export policy: design a single detection rule, no exceptions and no AD relations (group membership), and a single response rule if the response rule is the problem, otherwise no need for a response rule.
    Provide the detection channel that is being tested, and show the channel is properly configured at the agent.
    Enable agent log to FINEST, and make sure it took the configuration.
    Use Broadcom real data for the test from DLPtest.com, unless it is custom data you are trying to find.
    Test
    Capture the Endpoint and Enforce server logs as well as agent for 7 days and upload to case.

Thanks, and good luck with your DLP 
    A.C.

• 6.  RE: No resolution on DLP support Tickets

Posted Apr 23, 2020 07:00 PM
    HI,Ravi 
    yes i have same problem , Broadcom support is terrible , they assign ticket late , and even i call them to please assign engineer ticket , leave the message engineer. no response . When Symantec there before they really help quick , Broadcom every ticket we can not do it use our professional services. i am not happy with them.

• 7.  RE: No resolution on DLP support Tickets

Posted Apr 24, 2020 03:58 AM
    Same here.

• 8.  RE: No resolution on DLP support Tickets

Posted May 11, 2020 06:07 AM
    Get used to it. Everything is a misconfiguration and no attempt will be made to verify if there is a misconfiguration or broken component.
    Any issues will require pro services.