Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  Change database in DLP

Posted Dec 27, 2011 08:02 AM

Is it possible to point DLP enforce server to another database?

Also, Is it possible to see the database details (like ip, sid, dbname etc.) from DLP enforce server console?

• 2.  RE: Change database in DLP

Posted Dec 27, 2011 11:03 AM

Hello YusufKhan,

The only certified Database to use with DLP is Oracle. So if you change the database Symantec is not going to give you technical support.

I'm not a DBA, maybe and just maybe someone with a very deep knowledge of Oracle and other DB could be able to create or migrate the schama and point DLP to another server... Just maybe.... But.... Why do you want to change the DB to another vendor?

In regards of the second question the answer is no, you can not see that information from the Enforce console. However if you need to know or modify which database your Enforce is using as a workaround you may check the jdbc.properties file located on Vontu\protect\config\. Open the file and look for the jdbc.dbalias.oracle-thin line. There you find the SID, port, user nameand address/FQDN information.

I hope this information helps.

Cheers,

Chopper

• 3.  RE: Change database in DLP

Posted Dec 28, 2011 12:37 AM

HI,

Sorry for the confusion, I was not referring for pointing to db other than ORacle :-).

I wanted to know if its possible we can point it to another instance of Oracle db.This is in case I have replica of db (4 or 5 days old) on another place (machine) and if I want to connect it in case we need.

• 4.  RE: Change database in DLP

Posted Dec 28, 2011 05:33 AM

You just need to reinstall enforce server and enter new ip of database but dont check initialize db.

• 5.  RE: Change database in DLP

Posted Jan 06, 2012 10:32 AM

To change the database from one backend to another you change the last line in the JDBC.properties file. the format is as follows

jdbc.dbalias.oracle-thin=@(description=(address=(host=hostname)(protocol=tcp)(port=1521))(connect_data=(sid=protect)))

Before you make this change you should stop all the services, scans, etc to ensure the database remains consistant. I would only change in an extreme situation such as a DB failure on the primary DB.

• 6.  RE: Change database in DLP

Posted May 20, 2020 01:33 PM
    i have a question too . i switch database oracle to AWS RDS database . i change JDBC properties , but i can not connect with new database . do i need to change database password? . or just need to changes in jdbc . i am getting shake hand error SSL communication . because when you install enforce server you add database connection user name and password . now amazon RDS user name server name.rds.amazon.com. even i use same database password .  
    any idea anyone ? let me know

• 7.  RE: Change database in DLP

Posted Aug 19, 2020 06:12 PM
    We have a similar problem.  We did change the JDBC properties and still failed.  Is there a manual way to point an existing Enforce Server to a different Oracle DB from the one it was pointed to during installation ? Thank you.

------------------------------
    Citgo Petroleum
    ------------------------------

• 8.  RE: Change database in DLP

Posted Aug 19, 2020 06:34 PM
    I can access DLP console after changes jdbc file  with new databases RDS . Even , we back database, no one using no scanning running , sql connection there too. But I can not connect databases tables when I try to Only console connection ssl connection . And I am getting error when I open policies or agent . Getting error . Even I test sql connection from enforce server  showing connected.  . But I am not connect database. 

--

Fayaz Shaikh MBA
    DLP Security Engineer (Contractor)

Office of the Chief Technology Officer

Department of Human Services
    Mobile: +1 860-922-8383 
    Email: fayaz.shaikh@maryland.gov

~~~~~~~~~~~
    Click here to complete a short customer satisfaction survey.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    ATTENTION: This e-mail (including any attachment) may contain proprietary, legally privileged and/or confidential information. This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this e-mail to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete this e-mail and any copies.