VIP (Validation ID Protection)

View Only

Login error VIP with ADFS

Antoni Lorenzana's profile image
Antoni Lorenzana posted Jan 19, 2021 03:31 AM

Hi,

We're deploying Symantec VIP service on a ADFS envirorment. There is one ADFS, and one Web Application Proxy that works as a ADFS proxy. The problem is that Symantec VIP is only working in the intranet machines, and for the extranet machines, only works with mozilla, this is the error log found in the ADFS:

Encountered error during federation passive request.

Additional Data

Protocol Name:
wsfed

Relying Party:
urn:federation:MicrosoftOnline

Exception details:
Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.WebConfigurationException: No style sheet is configured in the active theme for default locale [es-ES/3082].
at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.UI.ThemeAuthoringEngine.PrepareTheme()
at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.UI.PageBase.get_ThemeAuthoringEngine()
at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.Authentication.External.AdapterPresentationManager.get_ResponseCulture()
at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.Authentication.External.ExternalAuthenticationHandler.Process(ProtocolContext context)
at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.Authentication.AuthenticationOptionsHandler.Process(ProtocolContext context)
at Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.PassiveProtocolListener.OnGetContext(WrappedHttpListenerContext context)

And the error that I get when I try to do login is this: sorry we need additional information to verify your identity

Thanks!

Andreas Horlacher's profile image
Broadcom Employee Andreas Horlacher
Hi Antoni - At what point does this error occur? Just trying to understand what isn't working here.
Antoni Lorenzana
Hi,

The error occur at the moment you enter the credentials in the WAP (ADFS) portal, at the exact moment that you are suposed to be asked for the token, but this never happen, intead of that the user have the error: sorry we need additional information to verify your identity

At this moment you can see the posted log in the ADFS and WAP(ADFS).
So the only difference between external and internal is the WAP, assuming you already have ADFS configured for external access?
Antoni Lorenzana
Yes, the only difference is the WAP, but when I disable Symantec VIP all works fine, interally and externally...

Another thing I have detected is that Mozilla works fine with VIP working, but Chrome, Explorer and Edge have the errors I posted here.

Thanks.
Antoni - do you have the JavaScript option enabled? If so, can you disable it, restart ADFS services, and try again?
Antoni Lorenzana
Sorry but the javascript is not cofigured, and we have restar all the sistems several times.

Thanks.
Antoni - It looks like the error is related to the locale es-ES (Spanish). Is the ADFS server or WAP proxy server set to Spanish? If so, change to English and try again.
Antoni Lorenzana
Hi,

That was my first idea, but all the products were deployed in English, then I also have tried to install ES packages with no luck...

Toni
I'd recommend reaching out to Microsoft for some additional direction. A Google search shows this could be a variety of causes, from permissions to registry settings. We need to understand what exactly the error being thrown is, and why we're seeing it.