Endpoint Protection

View Only

Malfunctioning Engine questions

MIXIT's profile image
MIXIT posted Dec 02, 2020 10:02 AM
Hi all.  I get a fair number of malfunctioning engine alerts.  Very random, fairly infrequent on a per-device basis, but overall it's just a lot more than I think should be happening for what I imagine should be a stable security product.  Now I do realize that on initial deployment of the agent to a new device, this often generates this error.  So my question is for normal operations.  

It is so varied and random among different devices and customers, there's no sense in troubleshooting of any kind, this is clearly a platform-wide sort of thing that we just hope self-corrects.  Which it appears to do in all cases that I've taken time to check into so far.  Just that if one wants to be assured that all agents are basically staying tamper-free and stabl month after month, that doesn't seem to be the case oftentimes.  Being aware of this weakness, hackers could potentially orchestrate attacks to leverage this issue if they can somehow trigger it to occur or time their activity to when it's likely to happen etc.