CA Workload Automation ESP Edition

View Only

CA Workload Automation Autosys Edition (AE) - AP Office Hours Transcript, Thursday, 15 September 2016, 2:30PM ~ 3:30PM (AEST, Sydney Time) 

Sep 15, 2016 03:35 AM

Tarun Pamu to Everyone: Hello Everyone....We will get started shortly
Greg Bradley to Everyone: HI All
Chandrasekaran Venkataraman to Everyone: @Greg - Welcome!
Rajesh to Everyone: Hello to Everyone.
Chandrasekaran Venkataraman to Everyone: Welcome Everyone, to today's WAAE Office hours session
Chandrasekaran Venkataraman to Everyone: Let's get started - What questions we have today for the WA AE team?
Greg Bradley to Everyone: @Chandru - what is purpose of this session ?
Greg Bradley to Everyone: to troubleshoot that issue we spoke of yesterday or some other ? 
Chandrasekaran Venkataraman to Everyone: @Greg - The purpose is to ask generic question on AE and associated products - Best practices, challenges faced, etc
Greg Bradley to Everyone: right
Greg Bradley to Everyone: Am I the only customer or are others here too ? Nitin ? 
Chandrasekaran Venkataraman to Everyone: @Greg - Office hours is a CA initiative to connect with other customers and partners. 
Greg Bradley to Everyone: right
Chandrasekaran Venkataraman to Everyone: @Greg - we have few other customers as well here. 
Nitin Pandey to Everyone: @Greg - Good Afternoon, I am from CA. Representing AE product management  
Chandrasekaran Venkataraman to Everyone: @Rajesh - Welcome to the session. Do you have any question related to WAAE?
Greg Bradley to Everyone: @Nitin - Hi Nitin
Greg Bradley to Everyone: @Nitin - well with regard EEM - I have concern about growing user database
Greg Bradley to Everyone: customer is adding adding adding ysers and never deleteing 
Greg Bradley to Everyone: I worry that some user threshold my be reached 
Greg Bradley to Everyone: are there recommendations on number of users in EEM 
Greg Bradley to Everyone: is there a limit or performance penalty as volume of users grows ? 
Rajesh to Everyone: what is the best way to reset the autosys application user password, if we have forgoten the password.
Nitin Pandey to Everyone: @Greg - I need to have a discussion with EEM team to understand max user threshold that it can support and if there is any performance penality associated with it. 
Nitin Pandey to Everyone: @Greg - I will get back to you on this\
Greg Bradley to Everyone: @Nitin - Thank you
venkat bharadwaj jonnavithula to Everyone: Im going to join darryl and shiva in a conf room. GOing to disconnect the phone. 
Chandrasekaran Venkataraman to Everyone: @Rajesh - Do you mean the autosys DB user password?
Chandrasekaran Venkataraman to Everyone: @Greg - To add to Nitin's point. As you are probably aware, EEM currently uses CA Directory (dxserver) for its data store. 
Rajesh to Everyone: na, application user
Rajesh to Everyone: using autosecure we cannot as it asks for old password
Chandrasekaran Venkataraman to Everyone: @Rajesh - If you mean the autosys OS user which owns the AutoSys application, then the password may be reset without downtime of AutoSys, except when autosys is used for scheduling jobs (job owner)
Chandrasekaran Venkataraman to Everyone: @Rajesh - So you mean the job owner user?
Rajesh to Everyone: yes, we use this user to run the jobs also..
Greg Bradley to Everyone: @Nitin - FYI we have EEM users dev/staging eem 6340 and in prod 3884 individual users - these be job owners and cli I guess
Chandrasekaran Venkataraman to Everyone: @Rajesh - yes autosys_secure -> Manage user@host -> "Change" password prompts for old password. It's easier to "Delete" and re-add the user with the current password
Greg Bradley to Everyone: in CA Driectory
Nitin Pandey to Everyone: @Greg - This information will help. Thank you. 
Rajesh to Everyone: Noted.
Greg Bradley to Everyone: @Rajesh - what about if eiamadmin password got lost - maybe someone change and not record, then leave company 
Greg Bradley to Everyone: how to reset eiamadmin pwd if cannot access EEM GUI 
Greg Bradley to Everyone: I think there is tech doc ? 
 Greg Bradley to Everyone: @Chandru - thanks
Tarun Pamu to Everyone: @Marlos Welcome to Office hours... feel free to ask your questions
Rajesh to Everyone: Thanks, that was my next question @Greg
Rajesh to Everyone: Some of the passwords are required at the time of Upgrading also...
Greg Bradley to Everyone: @Everyone - we have iDash r11.0.01 - I know this not for issues - but with some browser version - if password expired - error at Browser GUI - "login service not available" rather than a change password prompt 

Greg Bradley to Everyone: What is version of mozilla - MS IE - or Goole Chrome - that will enforce a GUI password prompt in the new iDash Broswer GUI ??
Greg Bradley to Everyone: or maybe r12.0.01
Greg Bradley to Everyone: Release: 12.0.01.00-1383
Chandrasekaran Venkataraman to Everyone: @Greg, @Rajesh - Please refer to TEC1428273(http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1428273.aspx) for EiamAdmin password when EEM UI is not available.
Greg Bradley to Everyone: @Rajesh - thank you
Greg Bradley to Everyone: @Chandru -Thank you - sorry
Rajesh to Everyone: Thanks Chandru for the link... 
Chandrasekaran Venkataraman to Everyone: @Everyone - Please bookmark this URL for all AutoSys KBs for future reference - http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/support-by-product/ca-workload-automation-ae.aspx?d=t&q=&language=en&type=ALL&typeofcontent=Knowledge+Base+Articles
Chandrasekaran Venkataraman to Everyone: @Everyone - We at CA are working on improving our KBs. Please keep a watch on the TecDocs as this page is constantly updated; new KBs added. 
Chandrasekaran Venkataraman to Everyone:@Greg - Regarding your iDash query, are you referring to the EEM user password expiry? 
Greg Bradley to Everyone: @Chandru - No. I am referring any iDash user login from - idashAdm to individual users 
Greg Bradley to Everyone: of the software at CBA
Greg Bradley to Everyone: our terminal server and citrix has old out of date browsers - but Bank users - I have to assume have more current browser but get this ' login service is unavailable' when a passowrd change is required at idash gui login 
Greg Bradley to Everyone: not legacy GUI - new GUI (IU) login panel on browser'
Greg Bradley to Everyone:(UI)
Chandrasekaran Venkataraman to Everyone: @Greg - Checking on the iDash browser requirements/recommendations....
Greg Bradley to Everyone: user must go to legacy GUI - change password at change pwd prompt - then go back to new UI and log in with updated paswrod
Greg Bradley to Everyone: this is product defect I beleive
Greg Bradley to Everyone: I have already reported
Greg Bradley to Everyone: let me check Wiki - it might already have minimum version recommedations
Chandrasekaran Venkataraman to Everyone: @Greg - iDash 12.x compatibility matrix URL: https://docops.ca.com/display/CWAI120/Compatibility+Matrix
Greg Bradley to Everyone: @Chandru - Thank you
Chandrasekaran Venkataraman to Everyone: @Everyone - We have about 10 more minutes left.
Chandrasekaran Venkataraman to Everyone: @Everyone - Please sign up for customer validations/sprint reviews at http://validate.ca.com
Rajesh to Everyone: Is there any Autosys server sizing template based on no. of job run daily and the logging details to retain x no of days for the 11.3.6.x version
Nitin Pandey to Everyone:  @everyone - Please use project "CA Workload Automation AE Opportunity" to get the regular invite for sprint reviews
Rajesh to Everyone: @Nithin noted...
Greg Bradley to Everyone: @everyone - I don't have any further questions at this time
Greg Bradley to Everyone: if we have another of these, give me some warning and I'll work on some relevant questions
Rajesh to Everyone: Is there any Autosys server sizing template based on no. of job run daily and the logging details to retain x no of days for the 11.3.6.x version
Greg Bradley to Everyone: my big issue right now is with agent comms fail on some installs done this wee- not appropriate for this forum
Greg Bradley to Everyone: week
Chandrasekaran Venkataraman to Everyone: @Greg - Thanks for your queries/inputs! Yes, we'll reach out to you much earlier moving forward. We encourage you to "Follow" the Workload automation community in CA Communties so that you get notifications in your Inbox.
Chandrasekaran Venkataraman to Everyone: @Greg - Please raise a Case via CA Support Online regarding the Agent communication issues and we will assist you at the earliest. 
Greg Bradley to Everyone: @Chandru - thank you I will do that v soon
Reginold D Almeida to Everyone: @Rajesh Please go through this link. It has details regarding the job latency for a certain environment.  https://docops.ca.com/ca-wla-ae-wcc/11-4-2/en/administrating/ae-configuration/performance-improvement-with-multi-threaded-listener-from-release-11-3-6-sp3
Rajesh to Everyone: Noted Darryl
Nitin Pandey to Everyone: @RaJesh - Thanks for registering on validate.ca.com site. I have approved the invite and you will be getting the sprint review invite and recoding now on 
Rajesh to Everyone: Thanks
Rajesh to Everyone: @Nithin Thanks and noted. will followup from now
Greg Bradley to Everyone: @Reginold - I am already registered
Greg Bradley to Everyone: @everyone - bye and thanks
Chandrasekaran Venkataraman to Everyone: @Everyone - Okay everyone...we're going to wrap up for today. Thank you very much for attending. We'll talk to you soon!
Rajesh to Everyone: Thanks and by for now...s
Nitin Pandey to Everyone: @Greg - Thanks
Chandrasekaran Venkataraman to Everyone:@Everyone - We'll be posting this Chat transcript on the CA WA Communities page.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.