CA Endevor

View Only

[askCA TRANSCRIPT] CA Endevor & CA Application Lifecycle Conductor – April 10, 2018 

Apr 11, 2018 12:57 PM

Lenn Thompson (CA):

@Everyone: Good morning and thanks for joining us today. Let's go ahead and get started.

Lenn Thompson (CA):

@John: Do you have any questions for the team today?

Lenn Thompson (CA):

@Rick: Welcome to this month's askCA. Do you have any questions for the team?

Lenn Thompson (CA):

@Pat: Welcome to the session. Do you have any questions for the team?

Lenn Thompson (CA):

@Everyone: Looks like we have a good number of CA folks on today to answer your questions. What can we help you with today?

John Dueckman:

is there anyone else from the customer community other than me in this chat?

Lenn Thompson (CA):

@John: Both Pat and Rick are members of the community.

Rick McFadden:

Is I12 released yet?

John Dueckman:

@rick i'm curious; what level are you at "now"?

Rick McFadden:

our production system is on 09, but we have 11 on our test system

Rick McFadden:

we are waiting for 12 to be released to schedule our production updated to 12  

John Dueckman:

@rick how did your users find the changes done to the list and display panels? I just jumped from 00 on a prodplex to 11 on an engineering plex so have been the only one to see the changes so far

Peter McCullough (CA):

@Rick - you might consider installing the Incr 12 feature PTFs on your test system to get an early look.  The Increment will definitely be published before the end of the month - probaby much sooner

Peter McCullough (CA):

@Rick - you might consider installing the Incr 12 feature PTFs on your test system to get an early look.  The Increment will definitely be published before the end of the month - probaby much sooner

Rick McFadden:

Ok thanks

Lenn Thompson (CA):

@Everyone: What other question do you have for the team?

Rick McFadden:

We don't really have any users on our test system. just the Endevor support team to test it out. on production we have updated our own panels to customize to how we and the developers liked them setup. We had a lot of complaints about the panel changes when we went to 09 on pur prouction system. That's when we made the changes to the panels   

John Dueckman:

@Rick: that's what i was wondering about.

Rick McFadden:

with i12, we plan to remove our customized panels and go back to the CA panels 

John Dueckman:

Even with the loss of processor identified in the list panel?

John Dueckman:

And I applaud your effort to remove customized panels :)

Peter McCullough (CA):

@Rick - I think you will like the revamped panels that have just been published and will be rolled up into 18.0.12.

John Dueckman:

@Peter: What changed?

John Dueckman:

@Peter: Should I abandon 11 in favour of waiting for 12? I have the time....

Peter McCullough (CA):

@John - there a user profile option to use "short" or "long" name ISPF panel mode

John Dueckman:

@Peter: Is that like Coke Lite versus Coke Classic?

Peter McCullough (CA):

@John - people that don't need long names (or USS) fields can avoid it.

John Dueckman:

@Peter: I can accept that

Peter McCullough (CA):

@John - on the "Long' mode, the Element and Type fields have been moved to the top of the panels (to reduce  'tab-tab-tab-tab-tab")

John Dueckman:

@Peter: To be honest, that change didnt bother me as much as the change done to the LIST panel

Rick McFadden:

Really like the Short version of the panels for those developers who don't support USS elements. That was our biggest complaint

John Dueckman:

@Peter: Heck Ive always been an advocate of some day reclaiming the real estate and getting rid of the list of commands available on the panel.

Peter McCullough (CA):

@John "power-user" mode

June Abercrombie (CA):

@John:  What do you mean by LIST panel?   Are you talking about the Element selection list panel?

John Dueckman:

@Peter: sort of. i always used the example of "3.4". the list of commands available on that panel are found by hitting PF1, not by displaying them as the first x lines of the screen

John Dueckman:

@june: the result from doing a list

John Dueckman:

And I was actually referring to losing "GENERATE DATE"

John Dueckman:

I had to flip onto my plexes and take a look at what i was referring to... :)

Rick McFadden:

I just found that yesterday using QE, the GEN DATE is no longer listed on the display panel.

John Dueckman:

Exactly

John Dueckman:

IMHO that's a problem

June Abercrombie (CA):

@John:  I just checked an Element Selection list display on 18.0.11 and GEN DTE is still there.  You just have to PF11 over to see it

John Dueckman:

@june: and thats a problem

Peter McCullough (CA):

@John - with 18.0.12 there is a Quick Edit option available (to the user) to collapse the commands to a single line

John Dueckman:

Dont have QE (yet)

June Abercrombie (CA):

@John:  and why is that?

John Dueckman:

@june I sort on GEN DATE all the time. I look at GEN DATE all the time

John Dueckman:

Its critical first page information

John Dueckman:

again, imho, proc group is not as critical and could be left to scroll right (or left depending on your definition)

John Dueckman:

Now an idea might be to allow sites to "select" what columns to display

Peter McCullough (CA):

@John - this is all available with our Eclipse plug-in

Rick McFadden:

That would be a noce option

Rick McFadden:

nice

John Dueckman:

Dont have Eclipse and have to first rework the entire install base before installing

Vaughn Marshall (CA):

I can see there being many opinions on what information needs to be

Vaughn Marshall (CA):

on the first page

Vaughn Marshall (CA):

@John - please do create an ideation for customizable column list - I think its the best solution

John Dueckman:

Sure

Peter McCullough (CA):

@Melva - Hi Melva - how are things going?

John Dueckman:

Don’t get me wrong... Eclipse has a BIG role to play in the future at the sites I'm responsible for. But the prework and current installations/implementations preclude that from being a reality today.

Melva Jackson:

@John - its going I had a question about the long name as well.  We are going from 16 to 18 and I notice the element field on the QE screen and I want to change if but didn't understand exactly how to make the change to the panel.

Peter McCullough (CA):

@Melva - please install v18 GA-complete (18.0.12) and check out the user profice options available for short/long element panel fields

June Abercrombie (CA):

@everyone - for those of you already on V18, Dynamic Panel PTF has been published.  You can download SO00810 from CA Support Online

Lenn Thompson (CA):

@Everyone: We have a few minutes left in today's session. Are there any other questions or topics that you'd like to discuss?

Lenn Thompson (CA):

@Everyone: Okay. I guess we can go ahead and wrap up for this month's askCA session. Thank you for joining and we'll see you out in the community (and during next month's chat session!)

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.