Datacom

View Only
  • 1.  Return Code 22(025)

Posted Sep 15, 2023 10:28 AM
      |   view attached

Using MetaCOBOL, a change to a field name in a table, then a recompile, ends up with the error code during transaction execution  I have looked at the compile listing and see nothing wrong. It appears that a paragraph reading the same table executed correctly, and it executed just before the one causing the abend. 

I have attached a doc with the relevant sections of the COBOL compile and the abend 'flowerbox'.

Any ideas that anyone could offer would be appreciated. 

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: Return Code 22(025)

Posted Sep 15, 2023 10:58 AM

The fact that this dataview was accessed successfully once before the abend, gives us a clue.
    As you can see from the compile listing, the ELEMENT LIST is generated immediately after the WORKAREA for data returned from the table.

So the most likely cause is that the data returned from the table was longer than the definition of the workarea, and so it overlaid the element list.
    The second request then failed with RC 22 because the element list contains garbage.

You say that a field name was changed in the table. Was the element updated to include the changed field name? Does it contain all the contiguous columns between the first and last fields in the element (required for MetaCOBOL and Ideal)? Are all the column lengths in the generated dataview, matching the current column lengths for the table? I suspect if you examine each of the element definitions in the dataview, you will find one that has non-contiguous fields or some similar error. 

• 3.  RE: Return Code 22(025)

Posted Sep 15, 2023 11:02 AM
    Owen,

I, and my developer, appreciate your pointers. Doing some further investigation.

Thank you,

Stephen (Steve) Roy | Sr. DBA, US Brokerage (DuplEx application) | FedEx Logistics, Transport & Brokerage | mobile: (716) 444-0495

• 4.  RE: Return Code 22(025)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 18, 2023 01:50 PM

Steve, I see that you have opened a support case on this with Datacom Level 1.

------------------------------
    Dale Russell
    Product Owner, Datacom Product Family
    Broadcom Software
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: Return Code 22(025)

Posted Sep 18, 2023 01:54 PM
    Yes, Sir. And, apparently, the issue is now being investigated by the group that can provide a remedy to the situation. Your team's rapid action is extremely appreciated.

Thank you,

Stephen (Steve) Roy | Sr. DBA, US Brokerage (DuplEx application) | FedEx Logistics, Transport & Brokerage | mobile: (716) 444-0495