CA Workload Automation ESP Edition

View Only

Transcript Office Hours: Workload Automation ESP Edition [Feb 25th] 

Feb 25, 2016 12:04 PM

Lenn Thompson (CA) :

@Chuck: Good morning and thanks for joining us. Do you have any questions for the team?

Chuck :

not at the moment, but thanks

Lenn Thompson (CA) :

@Jonathan: Good morning and thanks for joining us. Do you have any questions for the ESP team?

Rick :

Joining a little late did I miss anything?

Lenn Thompson (CA) :

@Rick It's been slow so far. Do you have any questions for the team?

Lenn Thompson (CA) :

@Jim Do you have any questions for the team?

Rick :

I would like to know about the roadmap for the successor product to Workstation.  Are there dates for when it will be available?  what I understand the first phase will be the self-service.  I would like to know when the Workload Director functionality will be available.

Lixin Zhang :

@Rick, our product manager Petr is busy at this moment, he should address your question a bit later

Lenn Thompson (CA) :

@Rick He's actually looking into your question right now. Stay tuned!

Rick :

Is iDash also planned for ESP WLM on z/OS and is there a GA date?

Lixin Zhang :

@Rick, I believe iDash is not planned for ESP

Petr Vacula :

@Rick: you are correct, the self-service is our first step in starting building successor of workstation. I believe you signed up for the validate.ca.com page created for self-service ui. so please stay tuned. I should provide sprint review meeting very soon. At this point we do not have any dates nor high level estimates when Workload director fuctionality will be available. We want to take one step after another and build this product incrementaly with high customer involvement.

Petr Vacula :

@Rick: iDash is not on our immediate roadmap, but it is definetly something we do see a great value and we are evaluating how this fit into our roadmap

Rick :

Yes, I am signed up. Joe Simmons and Ana Tatavu gave me an overview last week.  In our environment we have a centralized group that monitors ESP so not sure if that self-service is a fit for us.  But I will participate and provide feedback and my biased points of view.

Petr Vacula :

@Rick: I bet you will thank you very much!

Rick :

What is the current status of CAM (Centralized Agent Monitor)?  I was particpating in thouse sprint reviews but have not seen anything lately.

Petr Vacula :

@Rick, thats a good question, but I do not have an answer for you. I would have to get together with CAM product management and get back to you on this one.

Rick :

Will CAM functionality be integrated with WS successor or will they remain separate products?

Rick :

Will CA be having any Roadmap presentations for product direction and expected enhancements / added features?

Lenn Thompson (CA) :

@Rick Peter may not get back to us during this session (he has another meeting today in this slot). If he doesn't, please ask those questions out in the community and he'll answer them there.

Don Powell :

Rick ....I thought the script  on the ESP agent check status wasn good....I have not had time to try it yet.....

Lixin Zhang :

@Rick, our DEVs are currently working on two enhancement requests: 1. TIMEZONE adjustment; 2. calendar on job level.

Rick :

I was waiting for an update  the original poster.  When people post on the communicties they do not always provide enough information.  I test in my environment and it worked, we'll see what their testing shows.

Don Powell :

It looks correct......I think it could be benefical .....

Rick :

A topic that was discussed last WebEx was how to get more involment form the community.  I try to help, wish it was more collabrative like my old favorite listsrv, mulitple comments a day

Lenn Thompson (CA) :

@Rick: We thank you for your involvement. We need more people like you! That's how we'll build activity.

Rick :

I tried to make it as generic as possible, but issues may show in different environments

Don Powell :

We are trying also to participate more to improve involvement...It may take some time..... I have one other think I am looking at .....

Rick :

I need more points to get to the next level

Rick :

Yes, I have seen Don and Lucy post answers.  Lucy beat me by 1 minute on current version of workstation and how to download.

Don Powell :

Maybe we should offer large cash amounts......

Lixin Zhang :

@Rick, I will wait longer next time.

Rick :

Like 2 cents and answer?

Rick :

For Don, 3 cents for Steve S.

Lenn Thompson (CA) :

@Rick Some of the best ways to get points are answering questions, commenting on ideas, creating ideas, and the like. If you're intersted, you could even start blogging on the community site.

Lenn Thompson (CA) :

@Rick Feel free to email me at lenn.thompson@ca.com if you'd like to talk it over more!

Rick :

But how do we get more involvement form commuctity not just CA (Don, Lucy, John Rooney)?

Lenn Thompson (CA) :

@Rick: History has shown us that by getting the CA folks involved first, that provides value to customers -- which encourages them to come back and get involved.

Lenn Thompson (CA) :

@Rick: What do YOU find most valuable about the community?

Rick :

Other's points of view and their knowledge.  I may read something today that does not mean anything, but somewhere down the road, I will hopefully remember.

Lenn Thompson (CA) :

@Rick That's a great point. My suggestion would be that when you see that type of content to comment on it and to "like" it -- give positive feedback so that people are encouraged to do more of it.

Petr Vacula :

@Rick: I do see the added value in integrating CAM or even maybe AgentOrchestrator with the new ESP web UI. Howeve we are not at that point yet.

Lenn Thompson (CA) :

@Rick I really appreciate your involvement and your passion!

Don Powell :

As he mentioned. Rick remembers the old listserv days where there were posts all day long on a wide variety of topics. I used to get a bunch of ideas and solutions  it....

Lenn Thompson (CA) :

@Don: That's good to hear. We'll collaborate to figure out how we can get more engagement in the ESP section of the community.

Rick :

<RANT>I so miss the old listserv.  The participation and knowledge shared was incredible.  And it was so simple to use </RANT>

Don Powell :

I agree......

Lenn Thompson (CA) :

@Rick If you don't mind, I'd like to contact you offline to talk through this a bit more. Okay with you?

Rick :

I will continue to add my 4 cents to the current tool

Don Powell :

I loved it......I used to have a folder for things to implement in the future...

Lenn Thompson (CA) :

Okay everyone, that's a wrap for this session. We'll get the transcript posted in the community later today. Thank you!

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.