Datacom

View Only

Tech Tip: CA Datacom Core Products Version 15.1 Additional Enhancements provided via PTF RO92259/VSM_INFO. 

Oct 11, 2016 06:36 AM

Tech Tip from Karina Pulinx, Principal Support Engineer for October 11, 2016

This is another in the series of tips for CA Datacom Core Products Version 15.1 enhancement PTF RO92259.

RO92259 delivers 10 new features.

One of these new features is support for the new Multi-User Facility (MUF) console-only command

VSM_INFO which provides value to size the memory usage and available unallocated memory in the MUF address space.

This command is a simpler form of the more complete information as provided by CA Sysview or other available tools.

If the memory is highly fragmented, the values do not provide all of the unallocated memory.

The command is intended to help in using most of the available memory but not all.

Example

DB01311I - VSM_INFO

DB01342I - VSM_INFO PVT TOTAL 7M EST.UNALLOC 7M SEGMENTS 2  RC=0

DB01342I - VSM_INFO E-PVT TOTAL 1171M EST.UNALLOC 1149M SEGMENTS 5  RC=0

PVT provides 24-bit information.

E-PVT provides 31-bit information.

TOTAL provides the value of memory available to the MUF address space. Size is provided in Megabytes (M) rounded down.

EST.UNALLOC provides the estimated unallocated memory available.

If the size is over 1 Megabyte (M), it is printed in Megabytes rounded down; else is printed in Kilobytes (K).

Due to ‘timing conditions’, the number might be less than current.

SEGMENTS provide the number of segments of contiguous memory.

A large number reflects fragmentation. Therefore, a large memory request might not be satisfied. If it is over 64k segments, the value of 64k is provided.

RC provides if the information is complete (RC=0).

Set as RC=4 if it is incomplete data.

Set as other values if there is a problem interpreting the data.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.