CA InterTest

View Only

Tech Tip: Installing CA InterTest and CA SymDump for CICS R 9.1 into the same SMP/E environment 

Aug 12, 2015 05:43 PM

Starting with the R 9.1 Complete GA release PAX installation files you can now install CA InterTest and CA SymDump for CICS  into the same SMP/E environment . This combined configuration was not possible during the incremental r 9.1 program.

The R 9.1 complete GA PAX installation file are available on the CA web site at the Download Center - Products.

CA InterTest for CICS Release 9.1 0000 Product Package

DVD07170228E.pax.Z

CA SymDump for CICS Release 9.1 0000 Product Package

DVD07170542E.pax.Z

It this example I first did a full JCL default install of CA InterTest for CICS R 9.1 into a HLQ of my choice. I received, applied and accepted all four FMID’S shipped with the base install which are listed below.

CCSA910 /*CA-INTERTEST FOR CICS OS/390 BREAKPOINT */
CAVH910 /* COMMON SYMBOLIC COMPONENT PROTSYM FILE */
CAVH911 /* INTERTEST CUI */
CABA910 /*CA-INTERTEST-MVS shared with Symdump

Next I installed CA SymDump CICS R 9.1 into the same CSI and default  target(CAIT0) and distribution(CAID0) zones. When installing CA SymDump for CICS I only had to receive, apply and accept the two FMID’S listed below since the two shared FMID’S were installed with CA InterTest for CICS Intertest(CABA910,CAVH910)

CAVH912 /*SYMDUMP CUI */
CABQ910 /* SYMDUMP DUMP CAPTURE FMID

Once the base install has been completed please apply any outstanding maintenance which is located on the CA web site under Download Center – Published Solutions

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.