IDMS

View Only

IDMS/IPCS Report Writer (IDMSREXX) 

Oct 07, 2014 05:57 AM

The current version of the IDMS/IPCS Report Writer has been uploaded and is now available for use by the client community.

I will try to load the documentation file shortly, but it is only about 80% up to date with respect to form and function. In other words, it still needs some work.

If, after using the IDMS/IPCS Report Writer, you find problems, please let me know. My contact information is in the REXX.

Also, if you find that you find that a report needs to have additional information, please let me know, the tool is always in flux.

That also applies to new reports that you would want to see from the Report Writer.

Keep in mind that the Report Writer works with batch application program abends as well as CV abends. If you choose to process your batch program abends with the Report Writer you will need to make sure that you have a SYSMDUMP DD statement as well as turn off any abend processing features that I will not endorse here, but you probably know which ones I mean.

The file is a tersed PDS and contains the following members:

@GLBLVS@          Global default values

@GROUPS@        Group definitions

IDMSISET              Utility tool for dump control. Most people may not use this, but it's here.

IDMSREXX             The IDMS/IPCS Report Writer

Chuck

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
1 Downloads
Attachment(s)
zip file
IDMSREXX.TERSE.zip   1.02 MB   1 version
Uploaded - May 29, 2019

Related Entries and Links