CA Top Secret

How to LIST all IBMFAC's defined on a System with CA Top Secret. 

02-04-2016 08:04 AM

QUESTIONS:

1.)  Is it possible to list all IBMFAC's defined on a System and across multiple Systems with CA Top Secret ?

2.)  If it is, what's the CA Top Secret command?

ANSWER:

In CA Top Secret, ee use IBMFAC determine who has ownership or control over a catalogue, IDCAMS, SMS, DFDSS and other IBM Facilities.

And, the available commands are CREATE, ADDTO, REMOVE, PERMIT, REVOKE, ADMIN, DEADMIN, WHOOWNS, and WHOHAS.

So to find all defined IBMFAC Resources on a System, use the  following command:

TSS WHOO IBMFAC(*)

Then, the following command:

TSS WHOH IBMFAC(resxxxx)

...should be done on all the Resources listed by the 'TSS WHOO' command above so see all the PREMIT'd Resource.

You can then use the CA Cleanup for Top Secret product to see whether these Resources are used or not.

Please refer to the following manuals:

CA Top Secret for z/OS Command Functions Guide r15, Chapter 4: Resource Classes, sub-heading 'IBMFAC Resource Class—Determine IBM Facilities Ownership'.

CA Top Secret for z/OS Command Functions Guide r16, Chapter 4: Resource Classes, sub-heading 'IBMFAC Resource Class—Determine IBM Facilities Ownership'.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

02-05-2016 10:51 AM

You can also find this information in the TSSCFILE.  The record type (column 5 in the record) appears to be 2005 subtype (column 9) 086.  I find using the CFILE and SORT I can create all sorts of useful and ad-hoc reports -- but that's a topic for a different (and less snowy) day.  And for really quick searches I use CA-File Master Plus (shameless plug).

- Don

02-04-2016 01:44 PM

Just to clarify: For r16, the documentation is available in the DocOps platform (browser-hosted content available at docops.ca.com/topsecret). You'll find the TSS documentation for the IBMFAC resource class here or by performing a Google search (for example, "IBMFAC Resource Class CA Top Secret" search keywords).

For more information about DocOps and the new documentation platform, check out this video (YouTube access required).

02-04-2016 09:58 AM

Hi Fentoncl,

Thank you for your reply on my post, you are completely correct, it does hold true for any other Resource.

The purpose of my post here was to highlight this documented method for use with IBMFAC, as a result of a customer query, that's all.  :-)

But well picked up, your reply has added greatly to this post for the benefit of all other CA Top Secret Users, thank you.  :-)

Regards

Chris

CA Support Engineer.

02-04-2016 08:22 AM

This process also holds true for any other resource that is defined to Top Secret.

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.