TPX Session Management for z/OS

View Only
  • 1.  Specify DataSet Names during Install with CSM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2015 09:51 AM

Hello Everyone,

Is there any way to specify the name of the dataset used to hold the zfs created, to be used by an application being installed with CSM? It appears we can name the mount point, but cannot find a place to name the underlying dataset.

Thanks for the help!

• 2.  Re: Specify DataSet Names during Install with CSM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2015 11:47 AM

Hi Tom,

Yes, there should be a field during the installation where you can enter the data set HLQ for the USS file-system. I would expect this field to be available within the installation wizard as you are setting up the Target Zone. Look closely in the upper section where you are generally prompted for the Target Zone Parameters.

Hopefully this leads you to your answer.

Regards,

Frank

• 3.  Re: Specify DataSet Names during Install with CSM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2015 11:49 AM

Thanks Frank,

Would this be true independent of the product being installed by CSM?

Regards,

Tom

• 4.  Re: Specify DataSet Names during Install with CSM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2015 12:33 PM

Hello Thomas,
    as this is dependent on the XML data provided by the product itself, I can't say that for sure for all products.
    I did a quick test here with two products and both show the possibility on the TARGET(3/3) step to specify the name of the dataset. In addition I can't remember having a product installed not allowing this.

Are you interested in a certain product?
    Or did you encounter such behaviour? If yes, please provide details - which product and release.
    Regards
    Holger

• 5.  Re: Specify DataSet Names during Install with CSM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2015 04:14 PM

Thanks Holger,

I am specifically interested in Cross Enterprise APM release 10.0.

Regards,

Tom

• 6.  Re: Specify DataSet Names during Install with CSM
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2015 05:41 PM

Hi Tom,

I started the installation process of Cross Enterprise APM r10.0 and as previously suspected, during the installation wizard it looks as though step #5 (Target Zone) provides the user the ability to choose the HLQ for the USS file-system that is going to be created. Here is a screen shot of what I am referring to. Please have a look and let us know if this answers your question.

• 7.  Re: Specify DataSet Names during Install with CSM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 02, 2015 09:09 AM

Thanks Frank,

Appreciate the help. One more question if you don't mind (I don't have access to a system to test myself). If we were to click override on that screen can we override the data set name? For example, can we change SMPLTS or SMPMTS, etc?

Regards,

Tom

• 8.  Re: Specify DataSet Names during Install with CSM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 02, 2015 09:44 AM

You're welcome Tom. Yes, you are correct. Any data set that presents the action of override provides you the ability to change the data set name or location for the allocation of the data set.

I hope we were able to answer your questions and we thank you for utilizing this forum to share questions and ideas.

Regards,

Frank

• 9.  Re: Specify DataSet Names during Install with CSM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 02, 2015 09:49 AM

Thanks Frank!