ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  RUN verses DEMAND Command

Posted Oct 21, 2015 02:47 PM

I understand the differences between these two options to run a job but had a question. When I ran a job using the "RUN" command for a "special" run of a job so I wouldn't satisfy the JDEPS when the job ran a few hours later as regularly scheduled, the following happened:

JOB01 was running via the "RUN" command and had a mutual exclusive job dependency with JOBXX. JOBXX came in via SSCAN and wouldn't run because JOB01 was active. It appears even though JOB01 completed successfully, the mutual exclusive jdep is never satisfied. Is this true and is there a way to avoid this. It looks like the LRLOG tracking, tracks all runs but the LPRRN does not track if you schedule the job via the "RUN" command. Then it looks like the mechanism that checks to release the JDEP/MUTUAL exclusive checks against the LPRRN tracking jobs DB/area. Can this be avoided?

------------------------  CA-7 CPU JOB PREDECESSORS  --

FUNCTION: LIST      (FORMAT,LIST,UPD)

PRED FOR JOB: JOBXX                       LIST-SCHID:

OPT SCHID LEADTM    PRED-JOB  NEXT-RUN

0     0000     /JOB01    YES

• 2.  Re: RUN verses DEMAND Command

Posted Oct 21, 2015 04:31 PM

There really is no way to have the RUN job post that it has completed since jobs brought in by RUN do not attach requirements, nor do they post to any other job that they have finished.  You will have to manually post the requirement that got added due to the mutually exclusive set up.

• 3.  Re: RUN verses DEMAND Command

Posted Oct 29, 2015 08:20 AM

Thanks -