OPS/MVS

View Only
  • 1.  CA Sysview Group Cap

Posted Apr 28, 2016 02:23 PM

Is there a way to alert when a group capacity limit is over a certain percentage?  Say 90%?

• 2.  Re: CA Sysview Group Cap

Posted May 03, 2016 03:13 PM

Hello Dan,

I see that you are asking about alerting when a group capacity limit is over a specific percentage.

Could you be more specific to your request?

For example, do you mean setting up a CICS threshold against a group of transactions that are exceeding 90% CDSA%?

Thanks,

Neil Kitzmiller, CA SYSVIEW Support

• 3.  Re: CA Sysview Group Cap

Posted May 04, 2016 11:53 AM

What I am referring to is when you have multiple lpars that you have grouped together and have set a capacity limit on that group.  Is there a way to alert when that Capacity Limit is getting close to the threshold.

• 4.  Re: CA Sysview Group Cap
    Best Answer

Posted May 04, 2016 03:57 PM

Hi Dan,

Unfortunately, at this time SYSVIEW does not have the ability to issue an alert based on a group of lpars exceeding a capacity limit.

If this is a feature you would like to see in a future release of SYSVIEW, you can create an idea here on CA Communities for that functionality to be added to the product in an Enhancement Request. You can create an idea by clicking the pencil drop down menu towards the top right of the CA Communities site and selecting the Idea option.

Thanks,

Neil Kitzmiller, CA SYSVIEW Support

• 5.  Re: CA Sysview Group Cap

Posted May 04, 2016 04:58 PM

Hi Dan,

There is already a very similar idea on communities for this.  The existing idea can be found here: Enhance SYSVIEW to include Group Level MSU usage 

Could I ask that you review and upvote? 

Thank you!

Greg Shriver

SYSVIEW Product Owner