Gen EDGE

View Only
  • 1.  Beta Testing - Consuming REST APIs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 18, 2021 07:40 PM

I'm pleased to announce that beta testing is now open for Consuming REST APIs for Java applications. We estimate that Consuming REST APIs for CICS applications will be available next week. I'll update this thread at that time. 

To participate in beta testing you will need:

1. Registration on Validate.broadcom.com → Email Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com for an invite.
    2. Be up to date on Gen v8.6.

More information is on Validate.broadcom.com. We're also experimenting with a "user forum" for this beta testing, so participants can talk with each other to share advice. 

------------------------------
    Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 2.  RE: Beta Testing - Consuming REST APIs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 03, 2021 09:31 AM
    Edited by Kim Peelman Dec 03, 2021 09:37 AM
    1. I'm pleased to share that Beta for Consuming REST in CICS applications is now available! 
    2. We have also updated Beta for Java applications. All of these files are labeled as v1.1. 

Changes Include: 

1. Corrected test for floating point number length in Java runtime
    2. Added logging for reading the property file
    3. Corrected the use of Y/N for managing **** SSL certificates
    4. Fixed handling of non-JSON responses to treat the results as a string value
    5. Added messaging to help with JSON parsing errors
    6. All HTTP header values are handled as strings to prevent unexpected data conversion errors
    7. Corrected generated comments for CALL Rest statements
    8. Added messaging in the toolset to indicate methods that do not handle JSON data
    9. Changed display of API parameters to remove references to artificial fields entered to allow Gen to handle the specification.  (No longer display GenAnonData)
    10. Improved Toolset messages for errors when loading the OpenAPI specification

If you need an invite to Valide.Broadcom.com, please let me know (Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com). The beta files can be found under "Pre-Release Drops" in the left menu.

Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 3.  RE: Beta Testing - Consuming REST APIs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 03, 2021 09:39 AM
    An extra **** THANK YOU! To Tarek and Darius who have already downloaded beta v1.0. We greatly appreciate your responsiveness. The earlier we get feedback, the better the MVP will be, and the more likely we'll be able to meet our goal of publishing to all customers in early January. 

Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 4.  RE: Beta Testing - Consuming REST APIs

Posted Dec 05, 2021 01:48 AM

Hi Kim;
    Thanks and I appreciate your effort in Consuming REST
    CA:Gen without Web services like PC without internet