ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Move the ESP Master

Posted Aug 25, 2015 09:56 AM

Looking for an alternate way to move the ESP Master. Currently the procedure to move the master is to OPSTOP the ESP task via MVS commands. I have been looking through the command reference but can’t seem to find a definitive command to move the master to a specific system. Thank you

• 2.  Re: Move the ESP Master
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 25, 2015 11:12 AM

Eric,

Not sure I understand the question completely. In order to move a master subsystem to another LPAR you would need to issue a stop command to that subsystem. Then issue a start command on the LPAR you want to have it running.

If you have a Shadow Manager that is waiting to take over you can issue the Shadow commands that would allow you to have the shadow takeover control as Master.

OPER SHADOW ASSUMEPRIMARY

• 3.  Re: Move the ESP Master

Posted Aug 25, 2015 11:19 AM

I do not believe there is any alternate way to move the master function other than with the MVS modify commands. I think this is the case even if you have the High Availability Option (HAO) for ESP.

• 4.  Re: Move the ESP Master

Posted Aug 25, 2015 11:20 AM

OPER SHADOW ASSUMEPRIMARY is what I was lookign for, thank you!

• 5.  Re: Move the ESP Master

Posted Aug 25, 2015 11:35 AM

Now I just need to determine why I get "ESP4373E SHADOW ASSUMEPRIMARY only valid in shadow mode" when I issue the command. I have tried from each master eligible lpar in the plex.

• 6.  Re: Move the ESP Master

Posted Aug 26, 2015 12:02 PM

Do you have an ESP Master that is the SHADOW?  If all are MASTERs and NONE are Shadows, that could be the issue.

What is your parm in each ESP Master using?   Can you post them?

How many lpars are in a plex and how many are running ESP Master?

In one Plex I have 5 LPARS but only one Master on LPAR 1 and one Shadow on LPAR2.

Lizette

• 7.  Re: Move the ESP Master

Posted Aug 26, 2015 01:57 PM

The command works, I don't have the authority to issue it

INSUFFICIENT ACCESS AUTHORITY