VM

View Only
  • 1.  CA Maintenance

Posted Oct 24, 2015 12:22 AM

Hi

Good Morning / Evening ?????

I am new to CA maintenance, I would like to clear the following things :

1.      When I receive the product do I have to receive the following together

1.      ERROR HOLDDATA

2.      FIXCAT HOLDDATA

3.      CARS

4.      And the PTF itself

2.       After Receiving the above, what is proper sequence of APPLY

Please explain me the steps

Thanks & Regards

A.     Anvardeen

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

هذه الرسالة (بما تحويه من مرفقات) مرسلة فقط إلى الشخص المذكور اسمه أعلاه. وقد تكون هذه الرسالة سرية أو ذات طبيعة خاصة أو خاضعة لحقوق الطبع والنشر أو الأسرار التجارية أو أي قواعد قانونية أخرى؛ لذا لا يجوز إعادة إرسالها إلا بموافقة المرسل الأصلي لها. وإذا لم تكن أنت الشخص المعني بهذه الرسالة فيجب عليك الامتناع عن قراءتها أو نسخها أو نشرها أو توزيعها؛ أما إذا كنت قد تلقيتها عن طريق الخطأ فيجب عليك إبلاغ المرسل فوراً وحذفها من جميع وسائل ووسائط تخزين البيانات من دون تأخير. والآراء الواردة في هذه الرسالة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن الرأي الرسمي لوزارة الداخلية؛ كما أن أي اتفاقية يتم إبرامها مع وزارة الداخلية بواسطة المراسلات الإلكترونية تدخل حيز الوجود فقط في حالة الموافقة الصريحة من طرف الشخص المفوض رسمياً بالوزارة على المعلومات الخاصة بذلك العقد. ولا تتحمل وزارة الداخلية، ولأقصى حد يسمح به القانون، أي مسؤولية قانونية عن الخسائر أو الأضرار التي قد تحدث لأي شخص أو أي ملكية جراء الإصابة بالفيروسات أو الملوثات الإلكترونية الأخرى بسبب هذه الرسالة.

This message (including attachments) is intended solely for the addressee named above. It may be confidential, privileged, subject to copyright, trade secret, or other legal rules and may not be forwarded without the author's permission. If you are not the addressee you must not read, copy or disseminate this message. If you have received it in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message from all storage devices. Any opinions expressed in this message do not necessarily represent the official positions of Ministry of Interior. Any agreements concluded with Ministry of Interior by using electronic correspondence shall only come into existence if an authorized representative of Ministry of Interior has explicitly approved such contract information. To the fullest extent permissible by law, Ministry of Interior disclaim all liability for loss or damage to person or property arising from this message being infected by computer virus or other contamination.

• 2.  Re: CA Maintenance
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2015 09:02 AM

Hello Anvardeen,
    when you install a Mainframe product you usually need to receive/apply/accept the product itself first.

Then when you want to receive/apply maintenance you can do this by various philosophy:
    a) Corrective Maintenance means by individual PTFs available
    b) Preventive Maintenance by CA Recommended Service (CARS)
      See this document how to use CARS without having CA Chorus Software Manager
    https://support.ca.com/phpdocs/0/8319/Using_CA_RS_without_CA_CSM.pdf
    c) by FIXCAT category for a certain new hardware device, software upgrade, or function

In all cases current ERROR Holddata should be received into the SMP/E environment.

Please review the links on this webapge for more details about Maintenance for CA z/OS-based Products

https://support.ca.com/phpdocs/0/8319/mainframe20_support.html

especially the link in the center column.

Let me know, if this covers your questions

Regards

Holger Albert

CA Support

• 3.  Re: CA Maintenance

Posted Oct 26, 2015 09:49 AM

Hi Holger_Albert

Thank you for your support, and I will be in touch with you in case I need your help

Thanks & Regards

A. anvardeen

• 4.  Re: CA Maintenance

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2015 10:08 AM

Hello A. anvardeenin

in case of specific question/problem or help needed for a specific product, I suggest to raise a case at CA Support Online (support.ca.com) for the product in question.

The corresponding product support group could better assist you on product specific questions.

Regards

Holger Albert

CA Support