ESP Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Hi, Yesterday i faced scenerio like i purged the jobs from CA7 and again i want to bring tem back...is there any option to find the triggering structure of the jobs and definition panel?

• 1.  Hi, Yesterday i faced scenerio like i purged the jobs from CA7 and again i want to bring tem back...is there any option to find the triggering structure of the jobs and definition panel?

Posted Sep 29, 2015 12:38 PM

Hi,

I purged many jobs from CA7..and the job owners wants again bring them back to the schedule.Unfortunatly i didn't take the screen shot of some the jobs.in this case how can i find the previous schedule of the jobs in Ca7

• 2.  Re: Hi, Yesterday i faced scenerio like i purged the jobs from CA7 and again i want to bring tem back...is there any option to find the triggering structure of the jobs and definition panel?

Posted Sep 30, 2015 07:50 AM

If you have a 'test' copy of 7, you can use it to point to an old copy of the database (before the purge) and then use commands or DBT to be able to create the old structure in your production CA 7.  If you don't have a 'test' copy of 7 installed, you can bring up a non-submitting CA 7.  To be able to bring up a non-submitting CA 7 you will have to allocate files pointed to by the DD names (see your production CA 7 files for allocation information--they probably won't need to be a large for this test as they are for production):

UCC7IN

DBPARMS

CA7RSRC

CA7ARFDB

UCC7LOG 

UCC7LOGS   

UCC7QDMP

UCC7CMDS

UCC7STAT

UCC7IRDR      

BTERM01I

BTERM01O

BROWSE

UCC7CKPT

UCC7SCRQ

UCC7PREQ

UCC7REQQ

UCC7RDYQ

UCC7ACTQ

UCC7PSTQ

UCC7PRNQ 

UCC7TRLQ

UCC7DQTQ

In the UCC7IN member (initialization file), the INIT and SVCNO statements

INIT,RUNOPT=(MAIN),....

SVCNO,SASSVC=NO,CA7=MSR7

the CA7= can be any 4 characters

If you need further help with this, please open a new case in support online and we will be glad to help                   

• 3.  Re: Hi, Yesterday i faced scenerio like i purged the jobs from CA7 and again i want to bring tem back...is there any option to find the triggering structure of the jobs and definition panel?

Posted Sep 30, 2015 08:03 AM

Hi Laavanya,

The easiest way is to schedule a daily BTI job with 'LJOB,LIST=NODD,JOB=*' command and refer the output data when required.