Db2 Tools

• 1.  Insight for DB2  Batch Report to get top 20 packages

Posted Apr 27, 2016 08:27 AM

Hello,

I am a long time DB2 PM user and am new to Insight.  I want to run an accounting summary report (SMF records 101,102)  to get a report of the top 20 INDB2ET packages.

With DB2PM it was just a matter of specifying that in the SYSIN DD card.

1.   I would be grateful if some one can help me to create a job to get the top 20 INDB2ET  grouped by package names (not plan or corr-id). I have run the standard job that runs NSIGHTRW  to create the standard Accounting report. This is not very useful because it is not reporting on package name. The requests I ran were

CADMSDB2.R17.CDBATREQ(BTSTASM1)

CADMSDB2.R17.CDBATREQ(BTSTASM2)

CADMSDB2.R17.CDBATREQ(BTACTSML)

CADMSDB2.R17.CDBATREQ(BTACTTRS)

2.  I also see that there is a facility to load accounting data into insight tables and if that is done, I can run SQLs on those tables to get the data I want. However, I am not able to find a model job that I can use to extract the SMF records into a format that I can load into

APPL_PGM_DAILY  

APPL_PGM_DETAIL

APPLICATION_DAILY

APPLICATION_DETAIL

• 2.  Re: Insight for DB2  Batch Report to get top 20 packages

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 28, 2016 06:54 AM

Hi There,

To answer your second question first.

With INSIGHT you would have created a SOURCE dataset when it was installed.

In that Dataset is a member SOURCE(IDB2ARC)  this is a sample job for unloading data and loading into the required INSIGHT tables.

For your first question re the Report by package.

There are several options available including writing your own specific job.

It's best we open a Case for this so i can respond to you directly and go over the options.

What is the company number you use when on CA Support Online? I can open an INSIGHT case for you .

Thanks keith

• 3.  Re: Insight for DB2  Batch Report to get top 20 packages

Posted Apr 29, 2016 07:00 AM

Hello,

Thank you for your kind reply.  I would be very very grateful if you can help me with the report for the top 20. I looked into it, and looks like I have to learn IQL language, which seems quite daunting.

Yes, I do have a customer number and can email you or call you with it . Would it be possible for you to send me an email?

My first name (dot) My last name (at) Atos (dot) net   . I can send you the details. If you can give me your email address I can email you as well.

Thank you again for your very kind response.

Regards

Ram

• 4.  Re: Insight for DB2  Batch Report to get top 20 packages
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 29, 2016 07:21 AM

Sure not a problem i'll email you and get all the details and then i can get a case opened for you.

keith

• 5.  Re: Insight for DB2  Batch Report to get top 20 packages

Posted Apr 29, 2016 07:26 AM

Thank you so much.  If you can send me a Test mail  to   My first name  (Ramachandran)   dot    My last Name (Subramanian)     at   atos.net     I would be very grateful.   Please let me know once you have emailed me and I will look for your email.    I am hesitant to share customer id details etc here in an open forum.  

• 6.  Re: Insight for DB2  Batch Report to get top 20 packages

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 29, 2016 07:32 AM

I totally agree with you.

I have sent you a test email direct

keith