ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Converting from auto_r3v45 (r4) to job_type: SAP (r11) - any hint?

Posted Sep 19, 2013 05:51 AM
    Hello All,

I'm looking for any hints about conversion process from old to new version.
    I can't find anything useful about how old parameters should be set within new version. :(

I've got documents for old and new one but still no luck matching some parameters to get the things done.

Regards,
    Artur Heise

• 2.  RE: Converting from auto_r3v45 (r4) to job_type: SAP (r11) - any hint?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2013 11:37 AM
    Hi Arthur,

This community is meant for CA Workload Automation ESP Edition.

Here is the response I got from our autosys expert:
    There is a setting that can be specified on one of the installation pagers for the newer WA AE 11.3.5 product release to allow the Agents to act as the previous 4.5 Remote Agents when processing jobs.
    Also, the previously used AutoSys SAP Adapter application can still be used in the newer releases also. (Note, there is also a new WA AE Agent type for SAP jobs which customers can use, but the previous adapter will still work.)

Hope this helps,

Lucy

• 3.  RE: Converting from auto_r3v45 (r4) to job_type: SAP (r11) - any hint?

Posted Sep 20, 2013 01:03 AM
    Hi Lucy,

yes that helps a lot. Thanks! :grin:

But still: I guess we need to switch over to new job types in the near future, so is there any official document showing how old job parameters should be converted to new job type? Is there an easy way? :unsure:

• 4.  RE: Converting from auto_r3v45 (r4) to job_type: SAP (r11) - any hint?

Posted Sep 20, 2013 05:29 AM

lucy_zhang wrote:

Also, the previously used AutoSys SAP Adapter application can still be used in the newer releases also. (Note, there is also a new WA AE Agent type for SAP jobs which customers can use, but the previous adapter will still work.)
    I have another question, as got another info that this was supported in 11.3 but not supported in 11.3.5. Is that true?

Also: Are there any documents showing how to configure old adapter to "speak" to new 11.3 server?

• 5.  RE: Converting from auto_r3v45 (r4) to job_type: SAP (r11) - any hint?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2013 03:11 PM
    Hi Arthur,

Would you post your questions to the Autosys user communities? Here is the link:
    CA Workload Automation?_19_mbCategoryId=2269986&#p_19

Neither I nor anyone here knows much about the Autosys product. And it would be more efficient to post in Autosys user communities.

Thank you for your understanding,

Lucy

• 6.  RE: [CA Workload Automation ESP Edition] RE: Converting from auto_r3v45 (r4

Posted Sep 20, 2013 03:53 PM
    Thx guys.

From: CA Workload Automation (Mainframe) Global User Community [mailto:CommunityAdmin@communities-mail.ca.com]
    Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 2:11 PM
    To: mb.2271275.101816672@myca-email.ca.com
    Subject: [CA Workload Automation ESP Edition] RE: Converting from auto_r3v45 (r4) to job_type: SAP (r11) - any hint?

Hi Arthur,

Would you post your questions to the Autosys user communities? Here is the link:

Neither I nor anyone here knows much about the Autosys product. And it would be more efficient to post in Autosys user communities.

Thank you for your understanding,

Lucy
    Posted by:lucy_zhang
    --
    CA Communities Message Boards
    mb.2271275.101816672@myca-email.ca.com

• 7.  RE: Converting from auto_r3v45 (r4) to job_type: SAP (r11) - any hint?

Posted Sep 23, 2013 02:54 AM

lucy_zhang wrote:

Hi Arthur,

Hi Lucy,

already did that, but your above reply was the best I've got so far. :bashful:

Any way - I'll stick to user community, maybe someone reply with some hints.

• 8.  Re: Converting from auto_r3v45 (r4) to job_type: SAP (r11) - any hint?

Posted Dec 08, 2017 04:35 PM

Hi,

CA has a conversion utility to convert old SAP Adapter and PS Adapter jobs to the Plugins. You need to open a ticket to get the utility. That should get you started to see what the adapter job looks like and give you a side-by-side comparision you can then take it forward from there if the conversion doesn't suit your exact requirement.

• 9.  Re: Converting from auto_r3v45 (r4) to job_type: SAP (r11) - any hint?

Posted Dec 14, 2017 04:41 AM

Oh wow! I didn't expect an answer after 4 years.  I moved to another company in the meantime and no need to convert any SAP jobs anymore, but it's definitely good to know that CA provide some tool for that. Thank you!