CA 7 Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  ARF

Posted Jan 25, 2021 02:57 PM
    I seem to be having an issue trying to get into ARF to use it. When I enter AR on the top line I receive a message stating 'command access denied by security'. If I just go to the menu and put AR in the function, I get a message that states 'you are not authorized to do that function'. I have talked with RACF security and they do not believe there is an issue from their standpoint as they do not see any error messages. Is there somewhere within CA7 that needs to give authorization to use ARF? I haven't been able to find anywhere else to update user ID's to use ARF, so I am now at a loss on where else to look. Any help on where to look would be appreciated

• 2.  RE: ARF

Posted Jan 25, 2021 03:03 PM

Is it internal or external security being used?

Thanks,

Stephen Rosenfeld

Scheduling Analyst

Ensono   

e: stephen.rosenfeld@ensono.com  

o: 630.944.1000 

m:717.919.8030 

www.ensono.com 

• 3.  RE: ARF

Posted Jan 26, 2021 05:25 AM
    Edited by emckenzi Jan 26, 2021 05:32 AM
    Run ca7 history report 30. It will give you the pan rule that you need access to. It appears you need access to the L2AR and L2AR3 pan rules.
    --

Earl McKenzie

Operations Consultant

TSYS

+1 706.649.4957 O

+1 706.325.4478 M

emckenzi@tsys.com

A Global Payments Company

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the addressee(s) named above and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this message or any attachments is expressly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies and backups of the original email.

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the addressee(s) named above and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this message or any attachments is expressly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies and backups of the original message.

• 4.  RE: ARF

Posted Jan 26, 2021 08:15 AM
    In RACF if your are using the default RACF class PA@EL then you would need READ access to RACF Class PA@EL Resource Name L2AR and CONTROL access to RACF Class PA@EL Resource Name L2AR3. Your shop may be overriding the resource class used for CA7, but as was suggested earlier, you can run CA7 report 30 to read the CA7 log files and verify the resource class and resource name for sure. Although this access is controlled externally by RACF in your case, you won't see the normal violations that you would expect in a syslog, but instead CA7 issues these types of access issues in the CA7 log files. Thus why it's hard to see sometimes.