Endevor

View Only
  • 1.  how to limit jobs to a specific LPAR(s) that call on Endevor

Posted Sep 21, 2016 08:52 AM

I recall hearing way-back-when that certain shops did something to ensure that Endevor ran on specific LPAR(s) and not others. Example, when a user, whether thru the Endevor batch panel or from their own dataset, submits a job which calls Endevor itself or its utilities, the system identified its use and made sure that they were directed to run on specific LPAR(s).

This was done in a way that did NOT depend on the job to direct it, for example the use of the CLASS= parameter.

Can anyone confirm this? Are there way(s) to do this? Appreciate any feed back. Thanks.

• 2.  Re: how to limit jobs to a specific LPAR(s) that call on Endevor

Posted Sep 22, 2016 09:37 AM

Hi Ron!

There are a couple of ways of doing this, from the automated to the "manual". Automated requires workload management solutions (ThruPut Manager comes to mind, but I'm sure CA has a product as well). Manual requires the addition of an XEQ card after the job card, such as:

/*ROUTE XEQ MVSX

• 3.  Re: how to limit jobs to a specific LPAR(s) that call on Endevor

Community Manager
    Posted Sep 29, 2016 02:10 PM

Ronald, I've marked your question as "assumed answered" because it looks like John's solutions may have helped you.

If they didn't, please let me know and we'll re-open it and get you some more help.

• 4.  Re: how to limit jobs to a specific LPAR(s) that call on Endevor

Posted Sep 29, 2016 02:15 PM

Yes, meant to go back and do that.

Thanks.

Ronald O’Loughlin – CSRA Contractor

DESEI/OSA/OSE

4-R-7-C Robert M. Ball Bldg.

410-966-9211

• 5.  Re: how to limit jobs to a specific LPAR(s) that call on Endevor

Posted Oct 06, 2016 07:59 PM

Hi Ron, 

We only have endevor licensed on a single lpar of each sysplex.  Following John's example above all our skeletons are coded with /*ROUTE XEQ ENDEVOR.  

They do the same for DB2 as well, /*ROUTE XEQ DB2T routes to the test lpar, /*ROUTE XEQ DB2P routes to production LPAR.

Karen

• 6.  Re: how to limit jobs to a specific LPAR(s) that call on Endevor

Posted Oct 07, 2016 08:55 AM

Hi Ron

in our shop we use the SCHENV parameter in the jobcard of the ENDEVOR Jobs to get them executed on one of the maschines we want them to run

S_NDV is our scheduling Environment for ENDEVOR , it contains more than only one LPAR

Syntax example how to use in a jobcard

//jobname JOB (account),
    //            CLASS=x,SCHENV='S_NDV'