Endevor

View Only
  • 1.  Continuous integration in Endevor

Posted Jun 13, 2016 05:23 PM

Hi All,

Does any one have continuous integration in Endevor mainframe  in your site ? if so can i know some details about that ?

Giving more details on this.

Some isolated changes are immediately tested and reported on when they are added to a larger code base.

The goal of CI is to provide rapid feedback so that if a defect is introduced into the code base,

it can be identified and corrected as soon as possible.

Also can CA Endevor Software Change Manager and CA Testing Tools to form the CI in mainframe ?

If so please let me know details.

Thanks

Chockalingam

• 2.  Re: Continuous integration in Endevor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 13, 2016 05:27 PM

HI Chockalingam,

What exactly do you mean by continuous integration in Endevor?

June

• 3.  Re: Continuous integration in Endevor

Posted Jun 13, 2016 05:34 PM

Some isolated changes are immediately tested and reported on when they are added to a larger code base.

The goal of CI is to provide rapid feedback so that if a defect is introduced into the code base,

it can be identified and corrected as soon as possible. Continuous integration software tools can be used to automate the testing and build a document trail

• 4.  Re: Continuous integration in Endevor

Posted Jun 15, 2016 09:26 AM

Chockalingam,

Talking DevOps and CI - Endevor as a product fulfils this purpose by itself as a tool.

Our shop has enhanced CI by allowing fast moves between lower and (any other) higher environment to support applications that have differing testing requirements.

Talking CT - Continous Testing is again something you could build into the product and perhaps use other toolsets to assist.

It all depends on what problem you are trying to solve - I see a lot of DevOps movement as a buzzword with little understanding on the mainframe platform impact. The question I ask is "what is slowing you down in your race to be agile" (and I'll fix it!).

Steve.

BTW - I've put myself forward as a speaker at CA World on the subject of Endevor and DevOps

• 5.  Re: Continuous integration in Endevor

Posted Jun 17, 2016 12:16 PM

Thanks Steve Blackett !!!