Endevor

View Only
  • 1.  Is anyone using the Agile and Concurrent Development Configuration?

Posted May 24, 2018 04:24 AM

Is anyone using the Agile and Concurrent Development Configuration? We're going to be setting up a small proof of concept later in the year and I'd be interested to hear any lessons learned or problems encountered.

• 2.  Re: Is anyone using the Agile and Concurrent Development Configuration?
    Best Answer

Posted May 24, 2018 03:58 PM

CA Services has implemented this configuration a number of times. When there are so many places where elements can be located, then developer awareness is key. Developers need to know when their element is being changed at other locations - perhaps by someone else. The PDA can help keep developers aware. Its notification arrives significantly sooner than Endevor's Synchronization messages.

When an element is found in multiple development/fix locations, a code merge is likely pending for someone. The Parallel Development Manager (PDM) is great for doing code merges, but if you combine "Retro" with the PDA, then merging code can be even easier. See the following related links

Parallel Development Alert (PDA) and Retro 

Notifications for parallel development and easy PDM executions

I'd like to see who else is working on the element that I just started Editing in Quick Edit