IDMS

View Only
  • 1.  Status 0353 error.... INDEXED SET MISMATCH SS/DB

Posted Sep 29, 2020 02:35 AM

Hi,

I'm getting the above error when trying to Obtain a Record. How do I find the mismatch and fix it?

OBTAIN FIRST RECORD                                                       

INDEXED SET MISMATCH SS/DB                                                    

SUBSCHEMA=SS001  SCHEMA=SC001  VER=0001    COL 001-080  LINE 0001 OF 0167

Any help will be appreciated.... ��

Kind Regards
    Stephen Cox
    TSSA
    Mainframe DBA
    Avanti Towers North Block, 4 Churchill Close, Bellville, 7530
    +27(21)974-3073
     (Phone) 

+27(79)886-4811
     (Mobile)

E‑mail: 
    Stephen.Cox@t-systems.co.za
    Registration Number: 1989/007547/07

Disclaimer: This message and/or attachment(s) may contain privileged, confidential and/or personal information. If you are not the intended recipient you may not disclose or distribute any of the information contained within this message. In such case you must destroy this message and inform the sender of the error. T-Systems does not accept liability for any errors, omissions, information and viruses contained in the transmission of this message. Any opinions, conclusions and other information contained within this message not related to T-Systems' official business is deemed to be that of the individual only and is not endorsed by T-Systems.

• 2.  RE: Status 0353 error.... INDEXED SET MISMATCH SS/DB

Posted Sep 29, 2020 06:16 AM
    Hi Stephen,

Was there any schema changes recently? - in my experience this is the most probable cause for 0353 error. If yes, then the problem would be the impacted subschema has not been regenerated. it would be easy to Validate and regenerate all the affected subschemas in the schema compiler - which will give us all the problems & warnings in the subschemas and it will be easy to identify what needs to be fixed from there.

To identify the difference, you can run IDMSRPTS for subschema report (with SSC=<subschema name>) and schema report and compare both the results but i would not recommend doing it.

Thanks,
    Dony.

------------------------------
    IDMS application DBA
    AXA PPP Healthcare Limited

• 3.  RE: Status 0353 error.... INDEXED SET MISMATCH SS/DB

Posted Sep 29, 2020 12:40 PM

​Are you running in local mode, or accessing a record that is updated from another CV?  Then it may just be a phantom broken chain. 
    These can happen when a buffer in one block has a pointer to a line index, but the record at that line index was deleted and another inserted, so your read-only CV/local running program has an old buffer that thinks it is pointing to a CLIENT, but in reality that line index is now a VENDOR record.  If the error happened in a local running program, the problem would likely go away by rerunning.  If it is a CV that has the file included in read-only mode while another CV is updating, the issue can persist for a long time, depending on the type of record and size of buffers in the read-only CV.

If the area can be set to retrieval, you can run a DBAN to find out if there is an issue with the index.

Tommy Petersen

• 4.  RE: Status 0353 error.... INDEXED SET MISMATCH SS/DB

Posted Sep 29, 2020 01:56 PM

You can run the DBAN even if the area is in update mode.  Just be aware that the DBAN will show errors.

If you run the DBAN twice,​ the two executions would be unlikely to show the same errors, unless there is a real issue.

Tommy Petersen

• 5.  RE: Status 0353 error.... INDEXED SET MISMATCH SS/DB

Posted Sep 29, 2020 02:10 PM

If you share the area between two CVs, with one having it set to update and the other having it set to retrieval, you should look into using shared cache, the manuals are fairly straight forward on how to do it.

We had it for years with the two CVs sharing the file, and once in a while the programs on the retrieval CV would not find the data that we knew were in the database.  We tracked it down to a high level SR8; once it was read, it would stay in the buffer.  What would happen, usually during the busiest period of the year, the lower level SR8 would split due to updates, but the SR8 in the buffer would not receive the update, and still point to the old lower level SR8 for keys that were split off into a new SR8.

I was going to use data sharing, but after consulting with IDMS support who suggested shared cache, we used that.  Data sharing is not needed if only one CV is updating.

I continue to reply to myself.  Maybe I end up starting an argument, with me, about how to best resolve this.

Tommy Petersen