Broadcom Mainframe Software Community

View Only

Monday Check-In: Thank you for an amazing 2019!

• 1.  Monday Check-In: Thank you for an amazing 2019!

Community Manager
    Posted Dec 16, 2019 01:21 PM

Happy Monday, everyone. Before I dive into all of the great stuff that has been and will be happening in our various mainframe communities, I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for an amazing 2019.

It's been a bit of a rollercoaster with the transition to Broadcom and the subsequent migration of our communities from the old platform to this one. Was the migration perfect? No -- but they never are and we continue to address issues as we find them. I can see just based on the activity in the system that you continue to find value here and that's always the goal -- to provide you with value.

Any time that any approaches me about something new in the community, my first question is always "What value will this provide for our customers?" That's the key for me and if they answer isn't a good one, you'll never see it here. 

Anyway -- thank you for your continued contribution to our ever-growing community of mainframe users. There are big things coming both for the platform and for these communities. Thank you for being such a big part of it. 

And now...onto the updates from across our 70+ communities!

What's New?
    New RE:Frame Podcast Episode: Machine Learning
    In our latest episode, @David Cook and I interview Broadcom's Dave Helsley about a variety of things, but mainly machine learning. Check it out. 

New CA Brightside Training Now Available
    Mainframe Education Program Manager @Angelica Giraldo recently announced new Web-based training for CA Brightside. 

Just-Announced Community Events
    January 20: CA Workload Automation CA 7 Edition: Improving Workload Service Level Management
    February 11: CA Datacom SQL Performance Tuning with SQL Monitor 3.0
    February 12: CA IDMS Performance and Tuning

Product News & Announcements
    Support for CA Common Services for z/OS Release 14.1 will be discontinued effective June 30th, 2020
    New Feature - NetMaster Network Automation SNA Group Transient Log State Change Reason
    New Feature - View NetMaster Product Usage Details​
    Latest Command Reference Guide is now available for CA SYSVIEW 16.0

Thank you again for all that you do in and for these communities. I'm taking some time off for the holidays starting a week from today, so I'll see you in 2020!

------------------------------
    Lenn Thompson
    Community Manager, Mainframe Division
    Broadcom Inc.
    lenn.thompson@broadcom.com
    ------------------------------