Db2 Tools

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Hello, I am looking for the report or documentation to see about coexistence with z/OS V2R3 and CA Tools R19.  Can anyone point me to that?  Thanks.  Beth

• 1.  Hello, I am looking for the report or documentation to see about coexistence with z/OS V2R3 and CA Tools R19.  Can anyone point me to that?  Thanks.  Beth

Posted Feb 06, 2019 10:05 AM

We are getting ready to install z/OS 2.3, want to make sure all my ducks are in a row.  Thank you.  Beth Henson

• 2.  Re: Hello, I am looking for the report or documentation to see about coexistence with z/OS V2R3 and CA Tools R19.  Can anyone point me to that?  Thanks.  Beth
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 06, 2019 10:10 AM

Hi Beth,

Here is a link to the compatability matrix which is a good start

Mainframe Compatibilities 

keith

• 3.  Re: Hello, I am looking for the report or documentation to see about coexistence with z/OS V2R3 and CA Tools R19.  Can anyone point me to that?  Thanks.  Beth

Posted Feb 06, 2019 10:18 AM

Also – run a fixcat report against your ca db2 tools csi:

//SMPCNTL  DD  *

SET BDY(GLOBAL).

REPORT MISSINGFIX

FIXCAT(*)

ZONES(PTRPTGT) NOPUNCH.

This will report any missing fixes for EVERY holddata category (as defined by CA in publishing holddata)

Chris Hoelscher

Technology Architect, Database Infrastructure Services

Technology Solution Services

Humana Inc.

123 East Main Street

Louisville, KY 40202

Humana.com

(502) 476-2538 or 407-7266

• 4.  Re: Hello, I am looking for the report or documentation to see about coexistence with z/OS V2R3 and CA Tools R19.  Can anyone point me to that?  Thanks.  Beth

Posted Feb 06, 2019 10:20 AM

Thank you Keith and Chris!