Db2 Tools

View Only

My Idea is Wish Listed, what does that mean?

• 1.  My Idea is Wish Listed, what does that mean?

Posted Sep 29, 2014 09:13 AM

As CA Technologies moves to Ideation as a replacement for our previous enhancement request process managed by STAR DAR's there are a few new status labels.

Before I get to the meaning of the status 'wish listed' let me say a few things about the transition.  We are making this transition to enable visibility of ideas and more direct customer input into prioritization via voting.  Visibility means that all community members can see the idea's and comment on them. This helps us (CA Technologies) to get a more clear explanation on what is required by the Idea and how it can help multiple customers. Voting on them is a way to help prioritize the list of Idea's so we can know which is most important to our customers.

Specifically the 'wish listed' status will be used for Idea's that we think are good but need to get more prioritization before committing to a release.

The below table has a summary of the idea status and a corresponding STAR status.

Idea Status

STAR DAR Status

Idea Explanation

Idea Voting Status

New

Open

A new Idea created in the community

Voting is active for members of the community

Under Review

Open

The Idea is being reviewed by Product Management and the Product Team.

Voting remains active during this status.  Community members can continue to vote on Ideas in this status.

Wish Listed

Wishlist

Still under consideration, but does not have enough votes to make it a priority at this time.

Voting remains active during this status. Community members can continue to vote on Ideas in this status.

Currently Planned

Targeted

This Idea has made it into the backlog or roadmap to be included in a future release.

Voting is closed for this status. No further voting is available for this Idea.

Delivered

Incorporated

This Idea has been incorporated into the product and delivered in a GA release.

Voting is closed for this status.

Not Planned

Rejected

This Idea has been reviewed and will not be included in the product.

Voting is closed for this status.