Easytrieve

View Only
  • 1.  Easytrieve and XML

Posted Jan 31, 2017 02:08 PM

In Easytrieve using the XML option is there a way to have the data come out in one record instead of a record for each field?

• 2.  Re: Easytrieve and XML
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2017 05:14 PM

HI Ken!

This was setup to run on Windows, but the concept is the same on z/OS.

Please use this for the FILE statement : FILE XMLRPT F(80) PRINTER SYSNAME 'STDOUT.XML'

Then use this for your REPORT statement: REPORT RPT PRINTER XMLRPT LINESIZE 70 XML

The output goes on one long line with each “field” being 70 bytes. It might not be exactly what you are needing, but there are no CR/LF characters.

Thanks!

Diana Shaw

CA Technologies

Principal Tech Support Engineer

• 3.  Re: Easytrieve and XML

Posted Feb 01, 2017 05:46 PM

Diana

Your suggestion is not giving me what I need. I guess I will submit this as an idea.

• 4.  Re: Easytrieve and XML

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 02, 2017 04:09 PM

Hi Ken!

Thank you for letting me know that the information provided did not help you accomplish exactly what you are needing.

Please do open an Idea as we will be happy to further try to help you do functionally what you are needing to do, if possible.  Please include more details as we would like to hear your purpose for this request as just about every XML file we have seen looks like what CA Easytrieve generates (except maybe for indentations to align elements). 

Thank you so very much and Best Regards!

Diana Shaw

CA Technologies