Datacom

View Only
  • 1.  Java Client-side Datetime Validation

Posted Oct 29, 2015 04:06 PM

is it posible in java to insert an empty Datetime like in C ?

Empty DateTime.jpg

• 2.  Re: Java Client-side Datetime Validation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2015 04:38 PM

Hi jmroman...can you give me a little more context here - can you tell me about the CA Datacom table into which you are inserting a row, is this a key field (I would assume not, as it is nullable), how is the field defined to CA Datacom Datadictionary - or is it only in a Create Table?

Can you also tell me what else will use this field, either on mainframe or via Java? I would like to have a good understanding so we can give you the best answer. Thanks!

• 3.  Re: Java Client-side Datetime Validation

Posted Oct 29, 2015 04:49 PM

Hi Don Johnson,

that´s right the field isn´t a PK, it´s nullable, the field is a FLD CheckedDateISO and my project is compiling in java.

• 4.  Re: Java Client-side Datetime Validation
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2015 04:27 PM

Hi jmroman, I would expect that this is just like any other field, that when you do the INSERT command, you just leave out that column name from the list of columns, and then leave out that value from the list of values. If this is not working that way, I think we would want you to open a case in CA Support Online, and provide the SQL you are using, along with the table definition (or the Datadictionary definition if it is part of a DDOL-created table).

• 5.  Re: Java Client-side Datetime Validation

Posted Dec 09, 2015 03:56 PM

-I think jmroman you are in the wrong community here...you need the CA Plex community