Datacom

View Only
  • 1.  How we can download ideal datacom program in flat file or PDS

Posted Feb 26, 2016 07:57 AM

Hello All

I have few query related to Ideal Datacom program , please let me know details if any one worked similar to that or have any idea ,it will be great help for me.

Is there any way to download ideal datacom program into PS file or PDS file in Mainframe ?

Is there anyway to upload new or edited program of ideal datacom via JCL or some utility ?

is there any Utility document that can be use ideal datacom program or JCL ?

• 2.  Re: How we can download ideal datacom program in flat file or PDS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2016 09:10 AM

OK thank you for the feedback Badal-Igate .

Let us know if you have further questions  , if not then we mark your question as answered .

Regards,

Karina.

• 3.  Re: How we can download ideal datacom program in flat file or PDS

Posted Feb 26, 2016 09:17 AM

Hello Karina

can you suggest how i can check IDSYSFT library list or site.proclib that contain IDUTSTRN.

• 4.  Re: How we can download ideal datacom program in flat file or PDS
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2016 10:54 AM

Hi Badal, we cannot tell you how to directly find the CA Ideal Source Transport Utility, as every company can set up their proclib and environment differently. However, here are a few  suggestions to try:

1.       In the event that the CA Ideal modules were placed in Linklist (we do not recommend this), you can search there to find the module:

a.       From a TSO command line, enter TSO ISRDDN

b.      Then enter LINKLIST, and then MEM IDUTSTRN (you may not find it this way).

2.       If you have authority to browse SYS1.PARMLIB, you can look in the MSTJCL00 member (or whichever is used when the system was IPL’ed) to see which proclibs are listed there. You would then be able to use the SRCHFOR command with each of these files (or use ISPF 3.14) to search for the string ‘IDUTSTRN’ in the file.

3.       For CA Ideal r11.0 and above, we create two procs in a file with a last node of CUSPROC. In this CUSPROC are members IDLBATCH and IDLSTRN, which can execute the IDUTSTRN program. If you cannot find this CUSPROC file, you can look at the installation/configuration jobs that would have created it:

a.       For r11.0, look in your CA Ideal SAMPJCL file for member ILINS08

b.      For version 14.0 and 15.0, look in the CA Ideal INSTJCL file for member ILCUS02

These are the best options for locating a proc that you can use with this program.

Don Johnson

• 5.  Re: How we can download ideal datacom program in flat file or PDS

Posted Feb 26, 2016 02:57 PM

Hello All

Thanks for reply and suggestion , i am able to found program and coded JCL as well.

let me know is it correct way to download program.

//EXTSRC   DD DSN=LOAD.LOAD1.LOAD2,               

//            DISP=(NEW,CATLG,DELETE),            

//            UNIT=SYSDA,                         

//            SPACE=(CYL,(10,5),RLSE),            

//            DCB=(RECFM=FB,LRECL=80,BLKSIZE=13300)

//SYSIN    DD *                                   

PERSON XXXX PASSWORD XXXX

SET RUN LOOPLIMIT 99999999    

SET SOURCE DDNAME EXTSRC      

SET EXPORT SYS ***            

EXPORT PGM XXXXXXXX VER 001   

OFF