Top Secret

View Only
  • 1.  Connecting to ACF2 using C# or VB.net

Posted Jan 26, 2018 05:44 PM

We do not have CA Identity manager, how I can use vb.net or C# to connect to ACF2 to changes to LIDs.  Any direction in this regard will be appreciated.

• 2.  Re: Connecting to ACF2 using C# or VB.net

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 31, 2018 10:22 AM

At this time there is no available response for this query.

Suggest opening a NEW case so that this can be addressed by CA ACF2 development

through internal channels.

• 3.  Re: Connecting to ACF2 using C# or VB.net

Posted Mar 21, 2018 06:20 PM

Skomolafe, it seems to me that pending a solution being developed by CA you could work around it by writing something inventive yourself.  I presume if you're thinking of using VB then you're hoping to get at ACF2 through a Windows platform.  You could, I think, write a program on the mainframe side that listens for incoming commands on a designated port; this part isn't hard, in fact it's pretty easy in REXX (I learned how just recently) but I think you can do it also in some flavor of C.  On the Windows side you write a client that issues the commands and receives the responses.  You'd have to invent protocols for communication, but they're all at the application level; the transmission of plain text, and the necessary ASCII/EBCDIC translation, is all done by routines already available.