IDMS

View Only
  • 1.  Can IDMS web services use JSON?

Posted Apr 21, 2021 05:01 AM
    Hi,
    Is there any way to change the content-type sent in the web service request from ADS to Remote(non-IDMS) application? Currently this works for XML requests that sends "Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8" by default.

But this remote application accept only JSON with "Content-Type: application/json" in http header. This is web service request called from ADS that would need to consume the JSON response from remote application.

Please confirm if this is possible using IDMS webservices.

Thanks,
    Tulasi

• 2.  RE: Can IDMS web services use JSON?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 22, 2021 08:51 AM
    Hi Tulasi, 
         The current IDMS Web Services feature only supports the SOAP protocol, which requires the use of XML for the Request/Response payload.   JSON is not currently supported I'm afraid.   We have considered enhancing our Web Services feature to provide that support, but have not undertaken that effort as yet.  I would encourage you to add a topic on the 'ideas' page to allow others to comment on the idea and vote for the support of this functionality.
    Thanks, 
    Dave D.

• 3.  RE: Can IDMS web services use JSON?

Posted Apr 22, 2021 11:50 AM
    Thanks for the confirmation, Dave. I have added this to ideas page, Hope this gets implemented soon!

• 4.  RE: Can IDMS web services use JSON?

Posted Apr 26, 2021 07:33 AM
    We are also moving our webservices to JSON as a standard - this would help us in making this change