IDMS

View Only
  • 1.  Program 'GSSCVDTI' what does it do? (Called many many times)

Posted Jul 09, 2019 02:18 PM
    I have been looking at the frequently called programs in our XA Reentrant pool (in several CVs) and when I sort descending order on the Calls column I see program:'GSSCVDTI' at or near the top.   I suspect it is provided with CA-IDMS but the naming convention is a bit surprising if that's the case.

I noticed GSSCVDTI is listed in a couple of other threads as a part of what was cut and pasted from other sites but I didn't catch where anyone said specifically what it does.  (The thread on deadlocking may provide a clue???)

Can anyone shed some light on why this program exists, and maybe also why it is called so frequently?

Thanks, 

-Dennis

• 2.  RE: Program 'GSSCVDTI' what does it do? (Called many many times)

Posted Jul 09, 2019 02:59 PM

Dennis,

Never heard of GSSCVDTI..are you sure the 2 posts found on Google are not from the IDMS Site where you are working?

If you display the load module, any copyright/constant info that might provide a clue of its origin?

Joseph Perkins (Contractor)

Sr. Database Administrator, Systems Made Simple Inc.

Service Operations - Infrastructure Operations

Office of Information and Technology, IT Operations and Services

Office: (530) 260-0165           Monday-Friday (9:00 am – 5:30 pm CST)

GFE Mobile: (510) 599-6133  

• 3.  RE: Program 'GSSCVDTI' what does it do? (Called many many times)

Posted Jul 09, 2019 03:08 PM

ITS IN MY PROGRAM POOL AS WELL  ... I AM guessing it is part of a idms tools component?

Thank You,

Chris Hoelscher| ITI DB Services Mainframe Database | Humana Inc.T 502.476.2538  or 502.407.7266

• 4.  RE: Program 'GSSCVDTI' what does it do? (Called many many times)

Posted Jul 09, 2019 03:26 PM

Thanks Joseph, 

I think I may be on the right track here - after I posted the question - I have done some snooping in the SMP/E produced files.  I have located what I have snipped below - which looks the program is a part of "General Services" (hence the GS beginning of the name I suppose).  Also I found some sample program source in ...CAGJSAMP(USLRPT5) where it looks like a program to be used with Log Analyzer may call a program like GSSCVDT? to convert a Julian Date.   So maybe it is just be called for "General Services" purposes such as data translation -- which would account for it being called so often 

From USLRPT5 sample program:
    "* *** (3) GSSCVDT CONVERT JULIAN TO GREGORIAN "   (doesn't have the "I" at the end though?)

From the SYSGEN statement:
    ...CAGJSRC(GSSSYSGN)

ADD
    MODULE NAME IS GEN-SERVICES
    VERSION IS 1
    LANGUAGE IS SYSGEN
    MODULE DESCRIPTION IS 'SYSGEN SYNTAX - GENERAL SERVICES'
    MODULE SOURCE FOLLOWS
    SPACE 2
    COPYRIGHT (C) 2007 CA. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. ***
    PROGRAM DEFINITIONS FOR GENERAL SERVICES ***
    SPACE 2
    PROGRAM GSSCVDTI LAN ASS NOPROT.
    MSEND

(actually I didn't use Google so much as the Search in this board) - no big deal though - looks like that SYSGEN Program statement is more help!

• 5.  RE: Program 'GSSCVDTI' what does it do? (Called many many times)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2019 03:17 PM
    It is a TOOLS  general services module that does date/time conversion

• 6.  RE: Program 'GSSCVDTI' what does it do? (Called many many times)

Posted Jul 09, 2019 03:25 PM
    ​Yep, If you display the object, it is CA Copyrighted.

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Joe
    ------------------------------

• 7.  RE: Program 'GSSCVDTI' what does it do? (Called many many times)

Posted Jul 09, 2019 03:28 PM

GSSConVertDateTIme

Thank You,

Chris Hoelscher| ITI DB Services Mainframe Database | Humana Inc.T 502.476.2538  or 502.407.7266

• 8.  RE: Program 'GSSCVDTI' what does it do? (Called many many times)

Posted Jul 09, 2019 03:33 PM

Thanks Brian!   
    Now that we know how it is used, do you know if CA-IDMS Programs are likely at least some of the ones who are calling it? 

I'm not aware whether any of our site-written programs call it - though I suspect not.  

I'm thinking that sample program USLRPT5 is showing us how we could call it with our programs.   BTW I couldn't find the copybooks used by that sample  COPY book -- 

e.g. 

01 GSSCVDT-PARAMETERS COPY MCVDTC.