CA 7 Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  No agent data available - Windows Agent

Posted Jan 29, 2020 03:33 PM
    We installed a new Windows Agent (11.3.7) on a Windows Server 2016 Standard server, using the same process we always do. The install log shows no errors, all good messages. The Agent is showing as connected, Test jobs submit and run with 0000's, but they never report their status back to CA7. The job stays in RDY state in CA7. When checking the spool file in CA7, when we do a GS on the job, it says No agent data available

The LAGENT,AGENT=Hostname,LIST=STATS command shows data being transmitted TO the server, but 0 bytes ever coming back. Network firewall team confirmed the Ports are permitted through the Firewall, both directions. Any suggestions on where to look next?

------------------------------
    IT Engineer
    Cigna/Express-Scripts
    OH

• 2.  RE: No agent data available - Windows Agent
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 29, 2020 03:42 PM
    Check the transmitter.log file in the >install>/llog directory ... if nothing clearly jump out.. open a support case an\d send logs directory...

• 3.  RE: No agent data available - Windows Agent

Posted Jan 30, 2020 02:21 PM
    Hey Rodney, serious DUH moment on my part. I just completely spaced on checking the transmitter log ! Once I did, I saw this...

Error connecting to CA7IAS_SYSB:
     cybermation.library.communications.CybConversationConnectException: Unknown host: MCFL1G10

Which reminded me of another time this happened and I remember what I needed to do. I had to add another Domain Suffix to the TCP Connection Stack. Once I did that and flushed the dnscache, everything worked as expected. Our infrastructure is so polluted !

Thank you for the reminder about that log. It was all I needed to get me going in the right direction.

IT Engineer
    Cigna/Express-Scripts
    OH