CA 7 Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Resources in new job set up

Posted Nov 01, 2019 08:48 AM
    When using an existing job to clone on a new job setup in DB.1, should the region, clock-time, & CPU-time all be blanked out? I have not been doing this and i also have some co-workers that does not do this as well. we have recently had other co-workers that say this should be done. As we have not seen any adverse effects by not blanking out these fields, I would just like to know if this if personal preference or a best practice to blank them out

• 2.  RE: Resources in new job set up

Posted Nov 04, 2019 08:35 AM
    I have been working with CA7 for over 25 years and I do not blank out the region, clock-time and CPU-time fields. I have never had any issues because if this.

------------------------------
    Saul Suarez Del Real
    Core Infrastructure Analyst | TSO-Batch CA7
    TIAA | Financial Services

• 3.  RE: Resources in new job set up

Posted Nov 04, 2019 09:56 AM
    I also have been working with CA7 for quite a while... I have never blanked out those fields. I used to have a job named default that I used but we have so many different jcl id's that now I have a certain job that happens to be in all the regions (with a change to the first 2 letters) and I use it all the time. I just bring up the job with the jclid I need and use it as a base and then change the job name and make any other changes that might just be particular to the new job and go.

RenateLynn Edwards
    Workload Automation Administrator CA7/CA11/CA1
    Security Service Federal Credit Union
    Texas