CA 7 Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  ca7 reports question

Posted Sep 14, 2018 05:16 PM

My boss is wanting reports on jobs run and jobs that have errors but he want's it in csv mode.  Anyone have any ideas or ways that this can be done?

Renate

• 2.  Re: ca7 reports question

Posted Sep 17, 2018 12:44 PM

that would be wonderful to download it straight from mainframe as a CSV report.  I have V11.3 of CA7 and it does not, so what I do is to run a report to a flat file on the mainframe, then run that file through file/aid or File Manager to strip out the report headings.  Then transfer the mainframe file to my PC as TXT and then import that file into formatted Excel.

May have to clean up the lines or headers a little but once you have it, you that then incorporate the CA7 job and File Manager into one job and then email the file to you as a TXT.  

• 3.  Re: ca7 reports question

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 21, 2018 09:33 AM

Renate, 

Please open this a an idea (enhancement) so product management can review and consider.

• 4.  Re: ca7 reports question
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 25, 2018 10:34 AM

• 5.  Re: ca7 reports question

Posted Sep 25, 2018 05:16 PM

Thanks Phon....    I see it says delivered but I'm not seeing anything in documentation on HOW to do it.   We have r12 and I've done a search of the documentation.   Roderick_Woods   

• 6.  Re: ca7 reports question

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2018 08:44 AM

CA 7 r12 and sql didn't cross my mind. Thanks Phon for waking me up. I have some jcl that executes DBSQLPR and creates an output csv file. Let me massage it and I will post it.

• 7.  Re: ca7 reports question

Posted Sep 26, 2018 08:55 AM

Indeed DBSQLPR can easily create CSV files that you can then email or FTP to your workstation and open in Excel.

However CA Datacom/AD also includes the Datacom/Server component (at no extra cost). So you can define a read-only Datacom/Server started task, and then connect directly from Excel (or any other ODBC/JDBC tool) to the CA 7 repository tables in Datacom/AD. That's what we do.

• 8.  Re: ca7 reports question

Posted Sep 26, 2018 10:09 AM

Thanks OwenWilliams once I get going on this your idea might be useful also.  Right now I'm trying to get csv files for a different department and I'm not sure if we would have them connect to our database.  

Renate

• 9.  Re: ca7 reports question

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 26, 2018 11:09 AM

I was going to post the jcl here, but that is to much trouble :-) ... 

Go to the CAL2JCL library and there is a member called AL2SQL. You would specify OPT=C to read in member (AL2SOPTC) from the CAL2OPTN dataset. This member has the options for creating CSV file. You also need to override the STDOUT DD SYSOUT=* to point to a dataset set. I used the following DCB for my STDOUT:

//STDOUT DD DSN=RODERICK.TEST.CSV,DISP=(NEW,CATLG,DELETE),
    // UNIT=SYSDA,SPACE=(TRK,(5,5)),
    // DCB=(RECFM=VB,LRECL=32756,BLKSIZE=32760)