ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Application Logic Issue

Posted Jun 18, 2020 11:16 AM

I created a powershell script in order to check the existence of a file and return a result code of 0 if found or 2 if not found.

The application JS_TEST calls the powershell script to check that files TEST.DAT and ADJTEST.DAT exist. Which ever result is returned the exit code is treated as a success. If a file exists a copy is created with a file extension of .BAK

e.g.file_trigger_exists_2.ps1 -fileToCheck 'TEST.DAT'

The results from running the application are correct i.e. files are copied or not depending on whether they exist, however, what ever route is taken all modules are shown as BYPASSED despite the overall application status being COMPLETED. The END job requires two completed routes in order to succeed.

All the jobs set to BYPASSED have "Submit Conditionally" ticked to prevent them from being set to FAILED and causing the overall application status to be in TROUBLE.

How can I get the application to show the job steps that ran successfully as COMPLETE and the application itself as COMPLETE.

Is this possible ? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks you.

------------------------------
    Ian Lowry.
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Application Logic Issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 18, 2020 12:01 PM
    Hi Lan,

Could you tell the exact name of the scheduling product? Here is the user community for "CA Workload Automation ESP Edition" that runs on mainframe.

Thank you,

Lucy