ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Hi All, I have been asked to schedule an event based on different time zone (IST) Current the local system time is Central time. Please advise

Posted Mar 19, 2019 12:19 AM

• 2.  Re: Hi All, I have been asked to schedule an event based on different time zone (IST) Current the local system time is Central time. Please advise

Posted Mar 19, 2019 09:39 AM

This is a complex topic. Below are a few notes and references. 

Below is a link to the doc on setting up timezones. I don't think IST moves with daylight savings time. Use SYSZONE(NO) so it does not spring forward and fall back along with to the system time.  

TIMEZONE: Define a time zone - CA Workload Automation ESP Edition - 11.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

After the IST time zone is set up it can be used in statement.

If it is used at the application level, when the schedule builds it will change the time to central time. 

If it is used at the event level, inside the event will show IST time. Outside the event will show Central time. 

DELAYSUB 08.00 IST

SCHEDULE 08.00 IST DAILY

Below is a link to the doc on using schedule criteria. 

Use Schedule Criteria - CA Workload Automation ESP Edition - 11.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Hi All, I have been asked to schedule an event based on different time zone (IST) Current the local system time is Central time. Please advise

Posted Mar 20, 2019 05:45 PM

Hi Don,

Can we define time zone dynamically by giving the command 'TIMEZONE 22 IST 5.30E SYSZONE(NO)' in Page Mode?

Or

Do we need to include in the Initialization Parameter and recycle ESP ?

• 4.  Re: Hi All, I have been asked to schedule an event based on different time zone (IST) Current the local system time is Central time. Please advise

Posted Mar 20, 2019 06:00 PM

Hi, 

Unfortunately TIMEZONE is a statement and not a command. It can only be used in the init parms. It will require a bounce of ESP to take effect. 

If you would like respond with the output of the LTZONE command so I can see what is set up currently. 

• 5.  Re: Hi All, I have been asked to schedule an event based on different time zone (IST) Current the local system time is Central time. Please advise

Posted Mar 20, 2019 06:07 PM

This is the output

• 6.  Re: Hi All, I have been asked to schedule an event based on different time zone (IST) Current the local system time is Central time. Please advise
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 21, 2019 09:11 AM

Hi, 

Thanks for the output. It looks good. The TIMEZONE statement that you mentioned previously for IST will work correctly. 

NOTE:

I see the statement that "No time zone with DST defined". I think  this message is because there is no SYSZONE(YES) defined for any of the timezones.  This would require ESP to be bounced to pick up the timechange. If SYSZONE is specified like the one below ESP does not need to be bounced at timechange. You may have it this way on purpose. 

TIMEZONE 0  LOCAL    0       SYSZONE(YES)

Below is a link to the TIMEZONE doc. 

TIMEZONE: Define a time zone - CA Workload Automation ESP Edition - 11.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

• 7.  Re: Hi All, I have been asked to schedule an event based on different time zone (IST) Current the local system time is Central time. Please advise

Posted May 02, 2019 11:47 AM

powdo03 #daylightsavingtime #espmainframe

Hi Don,

Apologies for the delay!. Stuck up with a project work.

I have created a below test event

EVENT ID(DP.DALD_PUSHTEST) SYSTEM(DALD) REPLACE

SCHEDULE 02.00 IST MONTHLY STARTING TUE 21ST MAY 2019

INVOKE 'DPCJCDS0.ESPWORK.PROC(PUSHTEST)'

EVENT                           NEXT DUE AT           LAST RUN  SYS    HC  SC

DP.DALD_PUSHTEST ,15.30.00 2019/05/20 ,2019/04/20  DALD , 0 ,   ,0 ,

Like you mentioned earlier, Since I have used at the event level, inside the event it shows IST time. Outside the event showing Central time.

Question 1:

As you mentioned  , used SYSZONE(NO) so it does not spring forward and fall back along with to the system time.

Now the event is running at 2 am IST and 3.30 pm CT , Daylight saving ends on Nov 3rd .After that , event should run at 2 am IST and 2.30 pm CT. Basically IST should not change but CT should change. Above setup will work in the desired way right?

Question 2:

Is there any way to test it ? because when I check the next run after Nov 3rd it still shows 3.30 pm CT as below

NEXT 99 DP.DALD_PUSHTEST

SCHED AT 15.30.00 ON MONDAY MAY 20TH, 2019

SCHED AT 15.30.00 ON THURSDAY JUNE 20TH, 2019

SCHED AT 15.30.00 ON SATURDAY JULY 20TH, 2019

SCHED AT 15.30.00 ON TUESDAY AUGUST 20TH, 2019

SCHED AT 15.30.00 ON FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 20TH, 2019

SCHED AT 15.30.00 ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 20TH, 2019

SCHED AT 15.30.00 ON WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 20TH, 2019

SCHED AT 15.30.00 ON FRIDAY DECEMBER 20TH, 2019

SCHED AT 15.30.00 ON MONDAY JANUARY 20TH, 2020

SCHED AT 15.30.00 ON THURSDAY FEBRUARY 20TH, 2020