ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  DB_TRIG jobs are not working as expecting in CA ESP

Posted Oct 01, 2017 01:13 PM

Hi Everyone,

We have around 12 DB_TRIG jobs out of which:

1. 3 are continuous monitoring jobs and working fine when condition satisfied.
    2. 9 are scheduled to trigger on 1st day of each month out of which only 2 are working when condition met and others 7 are showing executing but not completing (Please note that 2 jobs that are working are not same every month). And when I tried to delete the trigger from ESP, it is showing "Delete failed" message.

We thought issue was with db.connectionPool.maxSize parameter where we have default value as 5. We changed it to 0 and restarted the agents but still not working. Our DB can accept 30000 connections. During our work around we identified that agent is accepting only 5 active DB connections and though others are showing as executing they don't have any active DB monitor session.

Database: Oracle

Can someone please suggest me to fix this issue. 

• 2.  Re: DB_TRIG jobs are not working as expecting in CA ESP

Posted Oct 03, 2017 08:05 AM

Hi Santhosh, 

Have you verified that the database trigger is active in Oracle?  Someone could have deleted it from Oracle. Any that are missing will need to be retriggered. 

Don 

• 3.  Re: DB_TRIG jobs are not working as expecting in CA ESP

Posted Oct 03, 2017 08:13 AM

Hi Don,

9 scheduled jobs are triggered at once and only 2 get succeeded when condition met. We have tried to update a row for one in other 7 but not worked. It is allowing max 5 active DB sessions only even we set the maxPool value to 0.

• 4.  Re: DB_TRIG jobs are not working as expecting in CA ESP
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 03, 2017 08:44 AM

Hi Santhosh, 

I don' t think the db.connectionPool.maxSize is related to this issue.  I won't go into detail here...but the DB_TRIG is not creating a persistent connection.  To verify this you could always try setting it to 20.  I would set this back to the default. 

I think it may be best to open a case. Someone will probably need to look at the agent logs.  

Did someone look at Oracle database and see what triggers are getting set? 

If you would like you can give me a call. 

214-473-1191

• 5.  Re: DB_TRIG jobs are not working as expecting in CA ESP

Posted Oct 03, 2017 09:00 AM

Thank you Don for assistance. We are in process of testing the case with setting the value to 20. I will give you a call if that didn't work and proceed further.