ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  LCSF Command

Posted Apr 24, 2015 12:34 PM

Recently we needed to identify jobs on the Scoreboard for a specific agent with the goal of creating a REXX procedure to automate the process of identifying the jobs and resubmitting them.

I was looking at doing a Scoreboard Dump, but the information returned was much more than I wanted to parse through.

To identify these jobs is easy to do in CSF with a Free-form filter, but not as easy to code in REXX with a Scoreboard Dump and then parse for a specific agent.

But this has been simplified with the LCSF command.in the Release 11.4 CA Workload Automation ESP Edition Command reference Guide.

LCSF Command: List CSF Data

The LCSF command displays scoreboard information in an optimized format for further automated parsing.      

For testing I stopped the ESP Agent on a Windows server.

Current View in CSF - Which provides me with the following information for jobs for a specific agent

Job Name Agent Name       Gen#   ApplName CCode HC System Status         

___ WIN_TRIG NT_WKSP000550DD    7051 CHKAGENT     -  0 Transmitter busy      

___ WINCHECK NT_WKSP000550DD    7051 CHKAGENT     -  0 Transmitter busy      

___ WIN_TRIG NT_WKSP000550DD    7050 CHKAGENT     -  0 Connection error      

___ WINCHECK NT_WKSP000550DD    7050 CHKAGENT     -  0 Transmitter busy   

From Page Mode ( Copied/pasted my free-form filter from the CSF View )

LCSF (AGENT EQ 'NT_WKSP000550DD') AND (PNODE NE 'COMPLETE')                                                       

Next the ESPCOM command was issued with the FLUSH option

OPER ESPCOM DEST(NT_WKSP000550DD) FLUSH

Updated View in CSF

Job Name Agent Name       Gen#   ApplName CCode HC System Status      

___ WIN_TRIG NT_WKSP000550DD    7051 CHKAGENT     -  0 Message flushed    

___ WINCHECK NT_WKSP000550DD    7051 CHKAGENT     -  0 Message flushed    

___ WIN_TRIG NT_WKSP000550DD    7050 CHKAGENT     -  0 Message flushed    

___ WINCHECK NT_WKSP000550DD    7050 CHKAGENT     -  0 Message flushed   

From Page Mode ( Reran the LCSF command and created output dataset (MSGFLUSH) )

LCSF (AGENT EQ 'NT_WKSP000550DD') AND (PNODE NE 'COMPLETE'

While the commands where done manually, the LCSF command could easily be built into a REXX procedure to automate the process.

After the SYMLIB was updated the final step would be to resubmit the jobs with the System Status of "Message Flushed".

The LCSF command greatly simplifies the REXX procedure by limiting the data that the would need to processed.

• 2.  Re: LCSF Command

Posted Apr 24, 2015 12:48 PM

REXX was before PERL and is excellent at parsing data.

you just need to be procedural with your coding. :-)

with that said .interesting write up. I chimed in only because I cut my teeth using exec2 and REXX on VM systems ;-)

and then moved over to using in on some windows platforms. Though I do mostly Perl these days.

Steve C.

• 3.  Re: LCSF Command

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 27, 2015 07:56 AM

Thank you for sharing Rick, LCSF is one of my favoriate ESP features too.

Note:

- For detail about freeform filter , please refer to "Operator's Guide";

- Be aware of following related fixes:

LCSF command does not return all data: RO55191 (GA'd in Feb 27th) for 11.3;

LCSF RETURNING INVALID CONDS :  RO72088 (GA'd in Mar 2015) for 11.4 and RO78619 (GA'd in Feb 2015) for 11.3.         

Lucy

• 4.  Re: LCSF Command

Posted Jan 11, 2017 05:18 PM

When I issue the command LCSF JSBYTE EQ 'C' in page mode. I always receive an 878 error.

IEA705I ERROR DURING GETMAIN SYS CODE = 878-10 OLOGANG OPUSER $OPUSER 00
    IEA705I 00F54700 00A9C8E0 00A9C8E0 00017208 00080008

From CSF I could see 73563 completed records, while other commands such as "LCSF JSBYTE EQ 'F' or LCSF JSBYTE EQ 'E" works fine. 

ESP  Consolidated Status: View GENERAL  ------------     Row 1 of 73563, Col 1 

• 5.  Re: LCSF Command

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 12, 2017 08:19 AM

The output for command issued from page mode is limited by the size specified on APPBUF in ESPPARM.

I believe your issue is that too many records returned and the above size is not enough.

The CSF display is based on the ESP STC memory.

You may run the LCSF in ESP batch JCL to get all the records.

Hope this helps,

Lucy