ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Ca7 Dummy Schedule?

Posted Jun 12, 2015 09:16 AM

Is there a way to define dummy schedule for a job in Ca7? Dummy means, a job with out any particular date to run but still should have a calendar attached and schedule time defined. The reason for this question is,I have a requirement to run a job every month as requested by the job owner and it will be for continues 5-6 days schedule. I can used DEMAND command but since the request is for 5-6 days, I feel difficulty to use it every time. Currently what we are doing is define a schedule and delete it after the 5-6 days schedule completes because it might cause issues in next year run if we leave it unintentionally.

• 2.  Re: Ca7 Dummy Schedule?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 12, 2015 09:27 AM

You can create a dummy schedule with the following:

__ X __ MONTHLY   JAN: X  FEB: X  MAR: X  APR: X  MAY: X  JUN: X    

JUL: X  AUG: X  SEP: X  OCT: X  NOV: X  DEC: X    

WEEK:                   DAY-OF-WEEK:                      

RDAY: /-0                                                

This will give the job a schedule member with all days 'turned off'.  You can 'turn them on' with the SCHDMOD screen.

• 3.  Re: Ca7 Dummy Schedule?

Posted Jun 12, 2015 11:43 AM

Thank you so much for your help

• 4.  Re: Ca7 Dummy Schedule?

Posted Jun 26, 2015 06:49 AM

could you just NOEXEC a process ?

• 5.  Re: Ca7 Dummy Schedule?

Posted Jul 06, 2015 05:01 PM

If nothing else I think it is neat that we can do it.   I'm not sure I will ever use it but I didn't know we could do it either.  Always nice to know something new.

Renate

• 6.  Re: Ca7 Dummy Schedule?

Posted Jun 26, 2015 07:20 AM

I don't see making NO-EXEC useful in my case as the schedule of the job is not consistent. I see Marysue's suggestion as the best one in my case. Thanks.

• 7.  Re: Ca7 Dummy Schedule?

Posted Jun 26, 2015 07:32 AM

I thought NOEXEC dummy's put a process to run to success regardless. you would think it would be as similar. but however you like..

have a nice day.