ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  ESP in Cloud (AWS)

Posted Jun 06, 2019 09:52 AM

I have seen some questions around running ESP agents in containers and I have some questions of my own.  Hoping to have some insight into any processes that can help us integrate ESP with a large amount of applications that are transferring off premises into AWS Cloud.

1. How can we schedule containerized applications using ESP?
    2. Can an agent be stood up dynamically inside of a container?
    3. Is there a preferred method(s) of running ESP agents within EC2 instances, given their dynamic nature.
    4. How can ESP manage dynamic IPs in the cloud?

These are some of the biggest hurdles that we are facing currently when it comes to integrating our cloud strategy with ESP.

• 2.  RE: ESP in Cloud (AWS)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 06, 2019 01:46 PM
    Hi Brandon,

Firstly there is a similar discussion:
    https://community.broadcom.com/mainframesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=1903&MID=802325&CommunityKey=a63272f0-fb9f-44be-b0ff-9657f904076e&tab=digestviewer

Secondly if the agent can be connected by ESP from mainframe, then it can be used with ESP. You can use AGENT SET command to change the agent IP or DNS name, and the command can be issued from the agent thru ESPlmi utility.

If possible, the agent database files and spool folders should be kept, otherwise users can't retrieve the spool output and lose the thread for monitoring wobs (like file_trigger etc).

We do have some customers already installed agents in cloud environment.

Hope this helps,

Lucy