InterTest

View Only
  • 1.  checking current option setup

Posted Jul 25, 2019 08:01 AM

Hello,
    I need check all options of Intertest, symdump for cics and also Intertest batch. I will do update Intertest & symdump for CICS from V9.1 to V11 and Intertest for Batch V10 to V11.  I don't found any section in DOCOPS of Intertest V11 for migration.  So not sure how get setting from previous version to new one. And I don't have any information about last update or about current settings. So I must found out it manually.

For general Option I used proc CAVHLPAQ in job and I see some information like : password, product intent but not see for example setup for SCHTBSIZE . So how I can get this information?

For Intertest for CICS  I used transaction VRPT and there option 2- Global Options . But in this table is not all variables I compared it with list of IN25OPTS Kywords and for example SYMFIL is missing. 
    So could you give me advice how to display all settings from IN25OPTS module?

From Intertest community discussion I understand that PROTSYM file is backwards compatible. So I don't have to create and initialized it during update, but disussion was for migration from version 8.5 to 9.1. Is it right also for my case? (Intertest/symdump for CICS V9.1 and Intertest for batch V10 will be updated to V11)

• 2.  RE: checking current option setup
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 26, 2019 03:40 PM
    Hi Jan,

Intertest batch does not have an options report. To find the value for the  R 11 CAVHCONF parameter SCHTBSIZE  in release 9.1 you will need to review the Intertest batch r 9.1 JCL that can be be used to update this parameter.
    The default value in r 9.1 was 30. Also in release 9.1 the parameter was called BLSCHTBZ SIZE=30

See JCL PDS HLQ.CAMRJCL member (CAMRSTBJ). This is the assembly and link JCL.

Also See PDS  HLQ.CAMRSRC Member (CAMRSTBZ)   

CAMRSTBZ CSECT   ,                                                      
    CAMRSTBZ AMODE   31                                                     
    CAMRSTBZ RMODE   ANY                                                    
    BLSCHTBZ SIZE=30, <=== CHANGE IF NECESSARY                    X
    SYSPLEX=N   <=== CHANGE IF NECESSARY                     

As you stated the VRPT transaction option two shows the Intertest and Symdump options for the IN25OPTS options module.
    VRPT option 3 
    3  Symbolic File Names   - Display Symbolic File DD(s) and Dataset Name(s)

Will show you the PROTSYM files defined to the CICS region which is the SYMFIL=  parameter.

Additional Symdump CICS dump capture options are available on the  SYMI BMS map.

In CICS enter the SYMD transaction and press enter. Then select the option below and press enter
    3  Configuration      - Display/modify CA SymDump initialization parameters

The following parameters will be displayed.

CA SymDump for CICS - Configuration            A11IC4S5
     COMMAND ===>
     CASD6960 CA SymDump is active

Overtype the parameters you want to change, then press ENTER

Suppress AP0001 dumps:          N (Y,N)    Messages to operator:       Y (Y,N)
     Suppress transaction dumps:     N (Y,N)    Capture EXEC CICS dumps:    Y (Y,N)
     Automatic purge of dumps:       Y (Y,N)    Use Previous Abend Code:    N (Y,N)
     Automatic purge hold days:      1 (0-99)   Dump only current program:  Y (Y,N)
     Dynamic purge of oldest dump:   N (Y,N)    Dump select start date:   CURRDATE
     Suppress duplicate dumps:       Y (Y,N)               (CURRDATE or MM/DD/YYYY)
     Duplicate dump limit:           6 (1-999)

Enter abend codes to be EXCLUDED:    '*' is generic character

The PROTSYM files that you are using in release r 8.5 and r 9.1 ​can be used in release 11.

Regards, Bill 

• 3.  RE: checking current option setup

Posted Aug 02, 2019 06:30 AM
    hello, thanks. It helps. I one more question. Can I used also checkpoint files  PROTCPF from previous version of Intertest for CICS?

• 4.  RE: checking current option setup

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2019 07:49 PM
    Hi Jan,
    Yes you can use the Intertest CICS checkpoint file FCT PROTCPF from the previous releases. The file has not changed. One unique check point file per region. 
    Regards, Bill

• 5.  RE: checking current option setup

Posted Aug 07, 2019 11:14 AM

I have another doubs. we will do migration(V10 to V11) during IPL so CAIRIM activation will be done like this:

change  in  CAS9  lib:  CAI.CAW0OPTN(CARIMPRM)
    change:
    PRODUCT(CA INTERTEST) VERSION(VHA0) INIT(CAVHINIT) PARM(210)
    to:
    PRODUCT(CA INTERTEST/SYMDUMP) VERSION(VHB0) INIT(CAVHINIT) PARM(210)

but I want ask about rollback. If we need go back to V10. Can be CAIRIM for intertest re-activate back to V10 dynamically?
    for exampl: I will delete all information from CARIMPRM except row:

PRODUCT(CA INTERTEST) VERSION(VHA0) INIT(CAVHINIT) PARM(210)

and start CAS9 again? Or it must be done with some special parameters?

• 6.  RE: checking current option setup

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2019 02:34 PM
    Hi Jan,

An IPL is required if you upgrade from r 10 to r 11 or if you need to back out from r 11 back to release r 10.

Different modules are loaded into storage and hooks are set for each release level and an IPL is required to refresh them.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-intertest-and-ca-symdump/11-0/en/configuring/configure-your-product-without-ca-csm/activate-your-product#ActivateYourProduct-CAIRIMCAIRIM

Note: If you upgrade from a previous product release, an IPL is required to refresh all modules from the previous release. However, there is no functional requirement for an IPL when upgrading from version 10 to version 11.   
    Regards, Bill